Adventure of the Seas balcony bump out

Kayleigh

Good morning!

Has anyone stayed in a balcony on Adventure of the Seas (or similar) on the bump out? 

I did Google search of the room we are staying in but I am having a hard time picturing what it may look like from the balcony.

We are also near the elevators. Can this get noisy?

When we were on Mariner, we stayed all the way back in the aft on a corner room and loved it!

Thanks for the help/tips/advice ?

2 hours ago, Kayleigh said:

Good morning!

Has anyone stayed in a balcony on Adventure of the Seas (or similar) on the bump out? 

I did Google search of the room we are staying in but I am having a hard time picturing what it may look like from the balcony.

We are also near the elevators. Can this get noisy?

When we were on Mariner, we stayed all the way back in the aft on a corner room and loved it!

Thanks for the help/tips/advice ?

Staying on balcony located on the  bumpout gives you a larger balcony.   It's the only balcony we get, for that reason.  

This December,  we're on Allure of the seas, we have A  Jr. Suite on the bumpout. 

I recently booked a hump balcony on Deck 10 of Adventure.  First time actually that I've had cabin right on the hump.  I watched a YouTube video of the room and it looked fine but then I recently read a post (cannot remember which thread now) by @twangster where he mentioned being able to smell the smoke from the balconies in front of him.  That had me wondering if I should move.  I have not yet.  I don't really want give up the room so still thinking.

As far as being close to the elevators, I have done many cabins near elevators and we don't notice much noise.  It's not like a hotel where the elevator is right outside your door.  There is a wall and stairs before you get to the hallway where the cabins are.  The only downside is that because it's a higher traffic area, you sometimes get noise from those passing by.

I was near the forward elevator bank on Adventure.  Almost right across the hall from it.  The view from my cabin door:

5AHPgnj.jpg

Noise never bothered me.

There is always the chance of a boisterous group talking loudly going down the hall but that occurs down the entire length of the hall where ever that group is at that moment. 

One time on a Carnival ship there were elevator doors directly across the opening (where you see stairs in the picture above) and in that case I did hear people as they stood waiting for an elevator.  On every Royal ship I have sailed that is not how they design their elevator lobbies so it has never been an issue.   

I love being close to this entrance to the elevator lobby because it's easy in and out.  

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I know, right ?

28 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I was just thinking the same! ?

38 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Ok, this alone would creep me the frack out.

Do none of you remember this live blog:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/6297-adventure-5-nights-5518-repositioning-san-juan-to-bayonne/&do=findComment&comment=68183

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Oh I remember it. I just forgot about the freaky whatever that is. Actually, I think that is same sailing that Ken had the cabin that I just booked on Adventure. 

10 hours ago, twangster said:

I was near the forward elevator bank on Adventure.  Almost right across the hall from it.  The view from my cabin door:

5AHPgnj.jpg

Noise never bothered me.

There is always the chance of a boisterous group talking loudly going down the hall but that occurs down the entire length of the hall where ever that group is at that moment. 

One time on a Carnival ship there were elevator doors directly across the opening (where you see stairs in the picture above) and in that case I did hear people as they stood waiting for an elevator.  On every Royal ship I have sailed that is not how they design their elevator lobbies so it has never been an issue.   

I love being close to this entrance to the elevator lobby because it's easy in and out.  

Um... I- Yeah, no thanks. WHAT KIND OF DECORATION IS THAT!?!?!?!

Edited by gabeb848
adding more

20 hours ago, twangster said:

5AHPgnj.jpg

Noise never bothered me.

Magic is a 1978 American psychological horror film starring Anthony Hopkins, Ann-Margret and Burgess Meredith

Screenshot-2020-01-22-at-19.10.10.png

i have been on adventure and was very near the elevator on navigator (one of her twin sisters) almost exactly a year ago ?

We were assigned there by royal in a guarantee balcony fare (which I thought might happen) but we had zero issues with noise.  In fact, between having door open for ocean breeze/water sounds and the lovely, soft menu music Royal plays on the excursion and ship location/map channel i never heard a thing that one wouldn't have heard anywhere else (the occasional door slam/knocking nearby from housekeeping/etc).

Side note: does anyone know where I can find that music?  one of you lovely people should make a playlist or youtube channel of it if you haven't already

I also have stayed in quite a few hump cabins on Voyager Class Ships (Adventure is one of them). As stated the only noise i eve heard was your typical hallway noise that you can hear in any cabin that might have hallway traffic.

Although not that much bigger of a balcony it is larger and for that very reason it is one of our first choices if available.