Arnold Donald, CEO of Carnival, says full fleet cruising by year end 2021

steverk

27 minutes ago, SPS said:

image.png.5084430ff9592c247ff91459b04fca4a.png

I getting really tired of seeing an adorable husky pup giving us so much pessimism! ? LOL!

Just being realistic. They can't get mock cruises going as we are all still waiting to hear back from the CDC (a.k.a. The Croods) and to have a whole entire fleet by year end sailing??? I have a better chance buying & owning an Oasis class ship!!  ?

1 hour ago, princevaliantus said:

Just being realistic. They can't get mock cruises going as we are all still waiting to hear back from the CDC (a.k.a. The Croods) and to have a whole entire fleet by year end sailing??? I have a better chance buying & owning an Oasis class ship!!  ?

Can I have one of the aquatheater cabins if i help with financing your purchase ??

I have a hard time thinking any cruise line is going to have its full fleet operational in 9 mths.....its going to be 2-3 mths after the CDC gives the go ahead for test cruises right?....so right now that would be June to start....add in the logistics of all crew being vaccinated(if they are from Canada they wouldn't be till the fall) plus with all the travel restrictions still out there...not happening!

I am cautiously optimistic that shorter cruises out of Florida will be ago by the fall(maybe cause I have one booked..lol)....but if cases of Covid were to start to pop up on any cruise line, I have no doubts the CDC would shut it all down again very quickly.

19 hours ago, steverk said:

Pretty bold statement.  I guess he can always move his fleet to a more industry friendly regions.  But "FULL"  fleet operation is quite a statement.  Hope it doesn't come back to bite too bad.

3 hours ago, cruisellama said:

I guess he can always move his fleet to a more industry friendly regions.

Such as?

The highest concentration of mass market cruise ships exist in the US market because that is where the highest number of cruise consumers are located aligning nicely with the Bahamas and the Caribbean as year round destinations.

If other regions were capable of supporting dozens and dozens of large cruise ships there would already have been dozens and dozens of mass market cruise ships operating in the region before the pandemic. 

The US cruise market is the golden goose of the cruise industry not by chance or luck.  

23 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

I don't know, I think we're a week or so removed from the the technical guidance being released, and I truly expect it to be underwhelming relative to what RC's healthy sail panel is already recommending. The fact that the CDC asked for details about RC's tracelet reads to me like they're copying their homework so to speak. I think things will move relatively quickly from that point. 

Also, the CSO expires at the end of October... There will be mounting political pressure for things to go back to normal before the holidays, no matter what the experts are calling for (not saying that to discredit them, but the world doesn't exist in a test tube). It's possible we'll be a lot closer to normal, even though that seems so far off now.

12 minutes ago, LizzyBee23 said:

I don't know, I think we're a week or so removed from the the technical guidance being released, and I truly expect it to be underwhelming relative to what RC's healthy sail panel is already recommending. The fact that the CDC asked for details about RC's tracelet reads to me like they're copying their homework so to speak. I think things will move relatively quickly from that point. 

Also, the CSO expires at the end of October... There will be mounting political pressure for things to go back to normal before the holidays, no matter what the experts are calling for (not saying that to discredit them, but the world doesn't exist in a test tube). It's possible we'll be a lot closer to normal, even though that seems so far off now.

I agree and optimistic that there will be some type of sailing from U.S. port but I HIGHLY doubt it that the entire fleet will be sailing. The earliest I see anything happening is around Labor Day and that's hoping that the CDC will soon get their act together.

14 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I agree and optimistic that there will be some type of sailing from U.S. port but I HIGHLY doubt it that the entire fleet will be sailing. The earliest I see anything happening is around Labor Day and that's hoping that the CDC will soon get their act together.

You're probably right, I think both of the outcomes are within the realm of reason. I think our perpetual election cycle also helps here... No one is going to want to run on ruining two Christmases in a row in 2022, and red states are starting to up the political pressure, having apparently been vindicated by falling case numbers (not commenting on whether that's right or wrong, just a note).

Florida is also racing to pass an immunity bill through its legislature that would essentially render the CDC guidelines legally toothless within the state. If they continue to be so out of touch, it's not impossible to imagine their influence waning even further.

2 hours ago, LizzyBee23 said:

Florida is also racing to pass an immunity bill through its legislature that would essentially render the CDC guidelines legally toothless within the state.

Would love to see Florida try but Federal law supersedes State since Federal law is the controlling factor of U.S. boaders, ports and aviationn.

1 hour ago, princevaliantus said:

Would love to see Florida try but Federal law supersedes State since Federal law is the controlling factor of U.S. boaders, ports and aviationn.

I think there may be some confusion about the bills in the senate.

Florida has two bills progressing in the senate related to immunity but neither are related to cruising, or the CDC, or seaports.

SB-74 is meant to make nursing homes and healthcare providers immune from frivolous lawsuits related to COVID. 

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/74/BillText/Filed/PDF

SB-72 is aimed at civil actions against private companies related to COVID

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/72/BillText/Filed/PDF

There is a bill related to seaports and preemption.   However this is not trying to circumvent the CDC nor is it related to federal regulations at all.  This is the bill that could block the Key West local government from implementing their cruise ship ban.

SB-426 State Preemption of Seaport Regulations 

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/426/BillText/Filed/PDF

I don't think even Florida is crazy enough to think they can wrestle seaports away from federal control.

6 hours ago, twangster said:

I don't think even Florida is crazy enough to think they can wrestle seaports away from federal control.

I don't know.  Desantis might try if it makes him look good. He's been doing his own things in regards to dealing with Covid.  We never really fully closed or locked down and have been pretty much open since the beginning. Never had a state mask mandate and cities/counties with ordinances that do, can enforce them but not penalize anyone who refuses to wear one. Schools in our area are fully open with an option for parents to do in home learning. 

6 hours ago, RWDW1204 said:

I don't know.  Desantis might try if it makes him look good. He's been doing his own things in regards to dealing with Covid.  We never really fully closed or locked down and have been pretty much open since the beginning. Never had a state mask mandate and cities/counties with ordinances that do, can enforce them but not penalize anyone who refuses to wear one. Schools in our area are fully open with an option for parents to do in home learning. 

He is too busy bouncing all over Florida for his TV appearances to formulate a strategy against the feds to assume control over seaports nor do I think there is any political capital for him in such a move.

There is more to this virus then the CDC knows or that any doctors/virologist/scientists know.  They all got plenty wrong along the road to where we are but that's expected, they are still learning, we all are.  I don't agree with everything DeSantis does but I don't disagree with everything he does either.

26 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

That is the same plan that carnival has been pushing for months. The only difference is that the dates have changed thousands of times.

19 hours ago, cruisellama said:

That "article" is just a rehash of the first available sail dates that are available to book. 

It's not a reflection of any kind of restart plan.