Odyssey of the Seas Interior Cabin Door Port or Starboard?

Griffey

Hi!  We're in the process of booking a Mediterranean Cruise on Odyssey for 2022.  We're booking a balcony and an interior cabin and need the doors across the same hall from each other.  As far as I can tell, the deck plans don't designate which side of the ship the door is on.  I know the Odyssey hasn't set sail yet but doesn't anyone have any idea, maybe from other ships?  Thank you!

Welcome to the message boards.  

This level of detail may be hard to determine with enough confidence to be certain.  Spectrum is her closest sister but there are differences between the two since Spectrum was built for China and Odyssey for the USA & Europe. Some of the differences includes suites and cabins in different locations and different types of cabins between the two ships.  

Have you considered working with a travel agent?  They tend to have more experience dealing with specific requirements such as this. 

2 hours ago, Griffey said:

Thank you...I just found the Spectrum plans and most doors are on the port side.  I'm debating contacting a travel agent. I've booked multiple cruises for our family without the need of an agent and I'm a bit of a control freak but I might in this instance.  Thanks again for your help!

As a fellow “control freak”, I would recommend working with a travel agent.  I’ve done many vacations on my own (including cruises), but with the nuances involved with cruising, I always find it more helpful to have the travel agent to work things out when I get a crazy idea.  I’d think going on a new ship would be a perfect time to use a travel agent since details could be sketchy while being finalized.  And that doesn’t take into account anything beyond our control, like a  once in a hundred year pandemic.  Good luck!

If having direct access between cabins is important, maybe consider 2 balcony cabins next to each other. Then have the cabin steward open up the divider on the balcony. We’ve done that with friends before and is nice having both balconies opened up and hanging out together. 

3 hours ago, GaryAA said:

If having direct access between cabins is important, maybe consider 2 balcony cabins next to each other. Then have the cabin steward open up the divider on the balcony. We’ve done that with friends before and is nice having both balconies opened up and hanging out together. 

@Griffey may not want to spend money on 2 balcony cabins, or they don't want whoever is in the interior to have a balcony. Kinda like my brother and his friend, both sets of parents didn't want them to have a balcony because chances are they would "accidentally" spill water on someone, or even spit. This was a great idea though, whis is what my family used to do when my brother wasn't allowed to stay alone.

Edited by gabeb848
adding more