Check-in using the Royal App

Hi Everyone. I have a quick question regarding an upcoming sailing. My sailing date is 5/7/21. I realized today that I am able to check-in. My question is I am having issues using the Royal App. It keeps asking for my name and reservation number. Is anyone else having any problems checking in using the APP. I was able to check-in using the website, but there are features that I need the App for , picture, etc. Any assistance is appreciated !   ** Update - This issue is now resolved. Please disregard** 

1 hour ago, TSoprano said:

I'd be SHOCKED if they will have MAY cruises, it seems like FALL 2021 is the time they will resume here in the US.

Hope for the best though!

I agree. ?

My cruise is December 5, 2021.  On Allure of the seas. 

Hopefully it's a go. 

My guess is that Royal has not been keeping the app protocols up to date since there haven't been any cruises to check in to.  I have always had very poor luck with getting much of anything to work on the app so I've long ago abandoned its use.  Since it is almost certain that any cruise in May will NOT sail, I wouldn't worry too much about checking in with the app.  I would, however, suggest that maybe you could try checking in online just to get a glimpse of a set sail pass and some luggage tags although it's unlikely that your luggage tags would be ready before day 49.

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have always had very poor luck with getting much of anything to work on the app so I've long ago abandoned its use. 

I have two different apps Royal and Royal IQ.  Neither one does much of anything. I just looked at both of them and I would now say they do nothing.  I did an update and still nothing.  Maybe I have the wrong app.

9 hours ago, KathyC said:

I had no issues with our May check in, did it because, hey, why not?  LOL  Something to do...sigh, that's not the same old thing I've been doing stuck at home since last March.  Sighhhhhhhh.  At this point I think cruising will re-open before my office does. 

I ended up having to reinstall the App. I know it might not happen, but at least I can look forward to it.