Best way to contact legislators.

JP0524

I wish RCL blog would stop posting on social media articles that make it seem like cruising is still a possibility. Right now, it doesn’t seem like it ever will be. I think you should start dedicating your voice and forum to educating people how to contact both local and national legislators on how to air grievances against the CDC and cruise ban. It’s time for everyone to start speaker out. Posting articles about “Best excursions in Bermuda” or “Best way to get cheap drinks on board” is a waste of time right now. Start teaching myself and others how to fight back!

14 minutes ago, JP0524 said:

I wish RCL blog would stop posting on social media articles that make it seem like cruising is still a possibility. Right now, it doesn’t seem like it ever will be. I think you should start dedicating your voice and forum to educating people how to contact both local and national legislators on how to air grievances against the CDC and cruise ban. It’s time for everyone to start speaker out. Posting articles about “Best excursions in Bermuda” or “Best way to get cheap drinks on board” is a waste of time right now. Start teaching myself and others how to fight back!

Contact the senators and representatives in the major port states. Florida and Texas are the 2 I’d start with and add in Alaska as their economy is about to get a second hit with no cruises. 

In the end, it may be worthless. 

Everyone should know how to contact their elected officials.  Start with your local voter registration office or their website.

I have already written to my governor and the representatives in Congress for my specific electoral district regarding the CDC and their cruise industry lockout. 

No elected officials is required to pay any attention to a citizen outside of their district.  A senator in Texas couldn't give a hoot what I think because they don't represent me (and I can't vote for or against them).   They are accountable to the citizens that reside in their district and those are the voices they will (or should) pay attention to.

Start writing the elected officials that represent you.  My representatives in Congress can't do anything alone but with support from other members of Congress they can explore options IF enough in Congress are willing to support them.

Every other post is doom and gloom!!! 

Everyday is like groundhog day with the same virus talk being said over and over again.

Im not wearing a mask onboard! Thats fine but you wont be sailing!!

Its not a vacation!If thats how you feel stay at home!!!

Cant make me do this or that! Well if you want to cruise they can!!

Against my rights etc etc etc

I can read and its on tv every hour i dont really want to log on here and its the same! 

Its boring to be honest! Way i see it we can all try and predict the future but no one really can, if we could would we really predict when cruising will restart or what that weekends lotto numbers will be? right now its all guess work and just waiting to see what happens.

Personally i would rather read a made up blog about relocating to florida or whats the best beach or hotel in Bermuda than some of the depressing posts about Covid. 

Lets get back to the fun without all the covid, government and science posts, at the end of the day what will be will be and the only way we can change things is by following the rules and advice given 

On 2/20/2021 at 8:38 PM, twangster said:

No elected officials is required to pay any attention to a citizen outside of their district.  A senator in Texas couldn't give a hoot what I think because they don't represent me (and I can't vote for or against them).   They are accountable to the citizens that reside in their district and those are the voices they will (or should) pay attention to.

I live in Texas and they don't give a hoot about what I think because I don't donate to their campaigns. If this past week's experience isn't example enough of who Texas politicians listen to, I don't what is. 

I have met my local, state, and federal representatives and senators several times. They're all usually very nice to my face. Some even, I believe, care...especially on the local or state level. I have a very good relationship with my local US Rep and feel like she is truly fighting for me as a person. But, sadly, my senators are udder trash and, despite being nice to my face every time I meet them, I know they only care about themselves and nothing I say as an individual matters, no matter how good of a case I make.

Should you voice your concerns? Absofreakinglutely, I will always advocate for that. Will it change anything? Sadly, not a damn chance unless you're a big fat donor (and I mean big, and I mean fat). 

On 2/21/2021 at 8:24 AM, Ray said:

Every other post is doom and gloom!!! 

I think I would say virtually every post, and I totally agree with you, I am sick and fed up of it all.

I know the Media need to inform the public but I can't understand why they feel the should only inform us about all the bad stuff that's happening to the extent that they totally crush us all with despair. I wish there was a law that obliged all news channels and publications to report on one happy/uplifting story for every doom and despair one. The big bad world isn't all bad; there are lots of good things happening too. I want to hear about some of them for a change!

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I think I would say virtually every post, and I totally agree with you, I am sick and fed up of it all.

I know the Media need to inform the public but I can't understand why they feel the should only inform us about all the bad stuff that's happening to the extent that they totally crush us all with despair. I wish there was a law that obliged all news channels and publications to report on one happy/uplifting story for every doom and despair one. The big bad world isn't all bad; there are lots of good things happening too. I want to hear about some of them for a change!

Life became immeasurably more enjoyable when I stopped paying attention to CNN/Fox/MSNBC. It's all political gossip posing as "news". So many better ways to get true, accurate, expert news - it takes a little more work, but it's worth it. Now I occasionally see a headline or screenshot from the mass news channels and just laugh at how ridiculously asinine they are, and shake my head that so many people still get sucked in. 

18 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Unfortunately because the media is revenue driven (as opposed to providing a civic service), bad news gets way more attention than good news. 

The old saying in journalism is "if it bleeds it leads" still applies, and I see this play out all too often with cruise news.

Possible covid on a cruise ship = BIG traffic for the blog.  

Ship sails for 3+ months with no problems = barely any traffic.