Ovation of the seas 2022 drinks package + the key 2022?????

Avfrattner

Matt's video hit the nail on the head (as usual).
I agree with  @emmef , I would purchase them now and watch for sales. Our last cruise we bought the UBP for $52 and The Key for $18 (roughly 66 and 23 AUD). Personally, I don't think we got much value out of The Key even at that price... We were always going to buy the internet package so in the end it wasn't too much more per person per day. But I felt it wasn't as useful for us on that voyage. We didn't tender at any ports, so the biggest advantage was moot. And being in a junior suite and Platinum, I would imagine there will already be priority lines on embarkation. 

Can't wait to hear about the cruise and whether or not you thought it was all worth it!

15 hours ago, S0nny said:

Matt's video hit the nail on the head (as usual).
I agree with  @emmef , I would purchase them now and watch for sales. Our last cruise we bought the UBP for $52 and The Key for $18 (roughly 66 and 23 AUD). Personally, I don't think we got much value out of The Key even at that price... We were always going to buy the internet package so in the end it wasn't too much more per person per day. But I felt it wasn't as useful for us on that voyage. We didn't tender at any ports, so the biggest advantage was moot. And being in a junior suite and Platinum, I would imagine there will already be priority lines on embarkation. 

Can't wait to hear about the cruise and whether or not you thought it was all worth it!

Yeah I paid for them and will rebuy if cheaper.

The biggest reason for the key is the ports and also if key activities times suits. You spend half the cruise waiting in those damn lines lol.

Fingers crossed that this cruise dows happen so I can report back hahaha.

I would agree with Matt that the Key isn't a great deal.  If you can find Wi-Fi bundled with drink package on sale that's the route I have gone the last few cruises and been very happy with the price (between 60-70 USD per day).  My wife (in my stateroom) will also get the deluxe bev package but we can share the Wi-Fi access code so we both don't need to purchase wi-fi, we're not both on our phones all the time type people.  Happy to leave it in the stateroom plenty of the time or make sure at least one of us is in airplane mode and just use for taking pictures while out and about.

As far as lines, we booked everything in advance well before the last couple cruises for shows/times/specialty dining etc and everything worked very smooth in the app and with venue staff.  Hit the waterslides on a port day and waited less than a minute on one and no wait on the other.  Got all the other info we could need here from this site and in brief chats with bartenders, our stateroom attendant, etc.  

Good luck!

My counter to The Key not being worth it is that if this is the cruise going to Maui it is a Tender port and I have read that many times rough waters causes delays and in that instance having The Key to get Tender priority would be a big plus. I got The Key for $24.99 on our Greek Island cruise September 2019 because we were going to get an internet package anyway so it wasn't that much more and I knew we had at least one tender port, Santorini. I would not pay more than $25 per day though.

7 hours ago, Notlad said:

My counter to The Key not being worth it is that if this is the cruise going to Maui it is a Tender port and I have read that many times rough waters causes delays and in that instance having The Key to get Tender priority would be a big plus. I got The Key for $24.99 on our Greek Island cruise September 2019 because we were going to get an internet package anyway so it wasn't that much more and I knew we had at least one tender port, Santorini. I would not pay more than $25 per day though.

Yes, that's one of selling points for us is the priority tenders and yes the wife buys the voom.