First time on RC: Navigator of the Seas or Freedom of the Seas?

ChristieTSF

Hello! Our first time on Royal Caribbean. Looking to book a 4 Bahamas night cruise out of Florida in Nov. 2021.  Both the Freedom of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas are options (same itinerary, one is Miami/other is Ft. Lauderdale) Pricing is about the same.  Family/group of 12 people: ages 2-80. Any reason to pick one over the other?

Thank you so much! christie

Welcome to the message boards!

Freedom class is a stretched version of Voyager class (Navigator).  They basically added a section in the middle allowing more space in the Promenade and on the pool deck (plus more cabins).  Beyond this extra section in the middle the ships are very similar forward and aft.  

Both have been recently "amplified".  That's Royal's marketing term for a refreshment adding new features like waterslides and venues like Playmakers.   

The waterslides on Navigator are unique in the fleet while Freedom's new waterslides are more of a traditional waterslide.  The extra space on Freedom allows for a dedicated pizza venue called Sorrento's while pizza is available on Navigator in Cafe Promenade. 

Both are fantastic ships.  Voyager class is a personal favorite of mine although Freedom class is equally compelling.   I have sailed both and have future bookings on both because it's hard to go wrong with either ship.

Sheryl and I have had the pleasure of cruising on both. It boils down to what you are looking for in the ship itself, amenities, itinerary and so on.  One thing I would add as a consideration is departure Port.  Having gone though both Miami and Ft Lauderdale, I have to say Miami Terminal A impresses the most. Not only is it new with heaps of carlos fandango bells and whistles, the parking garage is right there. Easy to drop off and get back to the wheels for those of us who can drive down.