Deposit went up?

Dimension

With all of the cancellations taking place and no one sailing I have not really been following along very closely to the latest RCL news.  My wife and I were talking about how we do not have a cruise booked for late 2022 so I looked today and found a a cruise that we agreed on. I booked a balcony room for 6 nights on Explorer of the Seas out of Miami for October. I came to the part in which it told me the deposit amount and I was shocked to see that it was $500.

When did the deposits go up from $200 to $500?

10 hours ago, Dimension said:

With all of the cancellations taking place and no one sailing I have not really been following along very closely to the latest RCL news.  My wife and I were talking about how we do not have a cruise booked for late 2022 so I looked today and found a a cruise that we agreed on. I booked a balcony room for 6 nights on Explorer of the Seas out of Miami for October. I came to the part in which it told me the deposit amount and I was shocked to see that it was $500.

When did the deposits go up from $200 to $500?

My experience is cruises 7 days and less are $250 pp.  

4 hours ago, Pooch said:

Was it $500 total for 2, so $250 each which is correct, or $50p EACH which would not.

4 hours ago, Rfk said:

Recent did a handful of reservations for 7 night, was $250/pp.

5x pax, $250/pp, so $1,250 total for each cruise (reserved two in Mar-Apr 2023 due to calendar uncertainty).

Deposit requirements vary based on length of cruise and number of guests per stateroom. Generally, deposit guidelines for double occupancy staterooms are $200 per stateroom for 1 to 5 night cruises, $500 per stateroom for 6 to 9 night cruises and $900 per stateroom for 10 night or longer cruises.

Straight from the source-https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/deposit-requirements

Notice it says per stateroom above but also double occupancy. A family of 4 pays a $1000 deposit on a 7 night cruise.