CoCo Beach Club: Floating Cabanas
This June we (my group) are looking forward to an Oasis OTS cruise that takes a stop at CoCo Cay!!! Everyone is looking forward to it, but I was wondering what your guys' opinions on the floating cabanas were. We would split the price between everyone, and we would probably have some people relaxing there most of the time we are at the Cay. Just wanting your experiences, opinions, and recommendations! Thanks!

P.S. If they're worth it, Can you reserve them? [(We have the royal Genie)(We would be fine with having other party members pay us back.)] If so, which are best, closer to land or further out? (I thought the one on the far right looked best in my opinion.) Lastly, do they rock a lot, my dad gets seasick?.

rawImage.jpg

As @twangstermentioned, the floating cabanas haven’t been around that long.  We haven’t tried one yet but have one rented for one of our upcoming Mariner cruises inSeptember.  My big concern is and always has been, whether the water would be warm enough to get the full enjoyment out of its use.   ...but I think you will have no problem with that, in June.

It would be best, if it’s something you really want, to reserve one when the price is right for you.  The floating cabanas is one of the few things that the Genie cannot do on your behalf.  Once they sell out, they’re gone and the Genie will not be able to get one for you. Unlike the Barefoot Beach cabanas on Labadee, whose sales are withheld from the Cruise Planner, the floating cabanas are on sale to anyone so they could, conceivably, sell out.  The Barefoot Beach cabanas do not go on sale to the general public prior to sailing, so the Genie can snag one of those for you, if you’re going to Labadee.

Is it worth the price ?  Only you will be able to answer that question once you’ve tried it.  Since you will be Star Class, all of your drinks will be included so I’m sure you can the best of that !

Here’s hoping you sail in June.  Let us know how it goes.

If you do book it, we would love to know your thoughts. It looks amazing but I am worried if it is windy, does it rock too much? It does seem expensive but as a group, splitting the cost, it should work out reasonable and what a fantastic place to base your group for the day, so jelly. Fingers crossed your sailing goes ahead.

All the best 

23 hours ago, gabeb848 said:

Can you reserve them? [(We have the royal Genie)(We would be fine with having other party members pay us back.)] If so, which are best, closer to land or further out?

All the reports that I read before the shutdown is that that the floating cabanas get assigned in the order that they are reserved and there wasn't a way to specify a cabana location.  Whether a Genie could override the assignment or not is something that has been widely reported, mostly because the floating cabanas were so new and there hasn't been many experiences to go on by before the shutdown.  You definitely need to reserve the cabana in the Cruise Planner before the cruise.  Remember you can cancel and rebook if the price drops lower, so if you are planning on getting one, might as well lock in your reservation.

25 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

All the reports that I read before the shutdown is that that the floating cabanas get assigned in the order that they are reserved and there wasn't a way to specify a cabana location.  Whether a Genie could override the assignment or not is something that has been widely reported, mostly because the floating cabanas were so new and there hasn't been many experiences to go on by before the shutdown.  You definitely need to reserve the cabana in the Cruise Planner before the cruise.  Remember you can cancel and rebook if the price drops lower, so if you are planning on getting one, might as well lock in your reservation.

Thanks!

One thing to realize about cancelling and rebooking at a lower price is between the time you cancel and rebook they may sell out.  We met a couple on our last cruise that lost their cabana doing that.  There are limited cabanas and there could be 5000 passengers on that day.  In essence if there are only 2 left, including the one you cancelled and 2 people book before you can rebook you are SOL.  No cabana for you.

What you should do is book the lower price under the name of someone in your cabin, I.e. your spouse/partner.  Than go back and cancel the one under your name. This way you are guaranteed you'll have the cabana.

As far as reserving the cabana location they don't allow that anymore even with a Genie.  We were told that your cabana assignment is linked to the number when you purchased. If you were the 5th to purchase you got cabana number 5.  

The reason they stopped allowing selection is you could have Anthem out of Cape Liberty start their cruise on Saturday expecting to be at Coco Cay on Tuesday.  They all pick their cabanas.  On Sunday Navigator leaves from Florida, will dock also on Tuesday.  The Navigator passengers get the leftovers.  Great for Anthem passengers, but pretty sure if you were sailing on Navigator, you would be ticked and saying how it already gone, I'm the 1st one here?   Response, well Anthem will be there too and they sailed yesterday so they picked first.