Cruises getting automatically cancelled

Flopper

It's possible that there are glitches and cruises get canceled. However they are fairly easy to reinstate. I have not had a cruise canceled for a client because of a mishap in FCC, but I have seen it that an entire ship gets canceled or some other type of glitch. Royal Caribbean is pretty good about fixing it quickly. 

2 hours ago, vmagestro said:

Has anyone else had problems with the Cruise Lines/ Travel Agency's canceling future cruises because of a mishap in the FCC system? It has now happened to me twice on my Dec 26 Sailing onboard Odyssey of the Seas. 

I had this happen with May 2021 Serenade.  I happened to be on the line for an unrelated cruise and discovered this one was cancelled even though I had booked it using FCC.  It took some time but they were able to re-instate it (of course if will likely be cancelled anyway).  I also just booked a Barbados cruise strictly using FCC and I'm a little nervous since the rep sent me my invoice which shows no payment made but assured me I would get a new invoice soon showing the application of the FCC.  Just in case though she gave me a number to call if I don't get the updated invoice soon.  It has something to do with my FCC first being issued from a cancelled April 2020Cruise, applied to a September 2020 cruise which also got cancelled, so it was used on a January 2021 Cruise which too got cancelled.  Big headache.  

10 hours ago, Sharla said:

It's possible that there are glitches and cruises get canceled. However they are fairly easy to reinstate. I have not had a cruise canceled for a client because of a mishap in FCC, but I have seen it that an entire ship gets canceled or some other type of glitch. Royal Caribbean is pretty good about fixing it quickly. 

Try it with one that has fire on board credits and see how your next 2.5 hours on the phone go. It’s happened to me twice on the same sailing. The cruise part is easy, on board credits are hell and they need a better system. 

9 hours ago, vmagestro said:

Try it with one that has fire on board credits and see how your next 2.5 hours on the phone go

Reason number 725 to use a good travel agent.  Then the TA is the one on the phone for 2.5 hours instead of you. 

It's happened to me and I am grateful for the hardwork of my TA.

9 hours ago, vmagestro said:

Try it with one that has fire on board credits and see how your next 2.5 hours on the phone go. It’s happened to me twice on the same sailing. The cruise part is easy, on board credits are hell and they need a better system. 

Yep, I have been on the phone many hours for many clients. This is part of what we do.