NCL May 2021 Cruises - Gone !!

Well, I can even find April cruises that, at least to a certain point, are available to book. Not sure I'd trust their website, since another part of it says that all of April is cancelled.  I got to the point where you'd put your personal info in to book, but just didn't want to take it any further.  I'm not sure at what point they'd say "Hey! We canceled this cruise!".

image.thumb.png.6ac6bf67e3e53ce06a9ce776cec89654.png

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Well, I can even find April cruises that, at least to a certain point, are available to book. Not sure I'd trust their website, since another part of it says that all of April is cancelled.  I got to the point where you'd put your personal info in to book, but just didn't want to take it any further.  I'm not sure at what point they'd say "Hey! We canceled this cruise!".

image.thumb.png.6ac6bf67e3e53ce06a9ce776cec89654.png

That sailing is April 2023

People reported the same thing with Disney a few days ago ... May cruises no longer able to book but not yet cancelled for those that booked.

For me its pretty simple .. today = 2/15, minimum 90 days to CDC sailing approval with no pathway yet to start that clock --> anything pre 5/15 cant sail ...

July 2021 is probably the earliest cruise line can realistically resume cruising.  As long as the CDC is sitting on the sidelines not giving the cruise lines any information or directions as to how to at the very least conduct the required test cruises normal cruising can not resume.  Four or five days ago there were reports in the Miami Herald that have subsequently been walked back but the original report stated the Biden Administration was considering restricting travel to Florida.  As stated the administration has since walked back those comments an official gave to the Miami Herald but together the fact the Biden Administration considered but then walked away from requiring all passengers test negative before a domestic flight gives us insight into where this Administration and head of the CDC is at right now.   

With all the travel related news coming out of Washington D.C. over the past few weeks and the CDC's directors stance and willingness to entertain the idea of restricting travel to Florida and domestic travel over all, with all of this information even a July resumption date might be overly optimistic.    

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't see cruising resuming until Nov. 1, 2021 at the earliest. That is only if the CDC allows the current order to expire. I said the day the last order was issued that with the wording and consideration of doing away with the cruising industry the cruiseline's will never make it out of phase 1. Where are they today...phase 1. I'm afraid they(the CDC and powers that be) will run them on dry ground(bankrupt them) before it's all said and done and then it will be even longer before they sail and what will happen to all those bookings that didn't get insurance that covers financial default...sink with the ship? I have rebooked one cruise 4 times and another one twice. I'm starting to lose faith that they will ever happen and they aren't until January and April 2022. I just don't think they can make it that long but I hope I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, Leisha said:

I personally don't see cruising resuming until Nov. 1, 2021 at the earliest. That is only if the CDC allows the current order to expire. I said the day the last order was issued that with the wording and consideration of doing away with the cruising industry the cruiseline's will never make it out of phase 1. Where are they today...phase 1. I'm afraid they(the CDC and powers that be) will run them on dry ground(bankrupt them) before it's all said and done and then it will be even longer before they sail and what will happen to all those bookings that didn't get insurance that covers financial default...sink with the ship? I have rebooked one cruise 4 times and another one twice. I'm starting to lose faith that they will ever happen and they aren't until January and April 2022. I just don't think they can make it that long but I hope I'm wrong.

Well..my cruise ? is in December.