Room Service from CK?

Pooch

We are in an OS on Harmony (??) next March but my brother and nephew are only in a JS.  I plan to ASK the concierge if they can make CK reservations for 6 to include them.  I have no expectations that they will be able to accommodate the request but it doesn’t hurt to ask nicely.  If they can’t, can we order room service from CK?  I know I can order as much as I want (there’s an amusing story about receiving 9 breakfast entrees!) so I could order for everyone.  Would this be a possible plan B?

On 2/12/2021 at 12:21 PM, Atlantix2000 said:

JS already have access to CK for dinner as long as there is availability so you should be able to make dinner reservations for 6 but it may not be possible every night of the cruise.  Someone else will have to answer regarding room service from CK.

We have two Jr. Suite on Allure this December.   One of the reasons we got the Jr. Suite is to Dine in the Coastal Kitchen all 6 nights of the cruise.   Being one of the benefits of a Jr. Suite. 

I'll be speaking to higher-ups if these no available.  Hopefully not.

My understanding is CK is open to JS only if there is availability.  If it is totally booked on a given night, you won’t get in.  This is clearly stated in the perks listing.  Not sure why you would speak to a higher-up if it happens.  There is no guarantee of CK dinner availability for JS.

7 minutes ago, Pooch said:

My understanding is CK is open to JS only if there is availability.  If it is totally booked on a given night, you won’t get in.  This is clearly stated in the perks listing.  Not sure why you would speak to a higher-up if it happens.  There is no guarantee of CK dinner availability for JS.

This is my understanding as well. That is always the gamble when booking a JS on ships that have CK. Reports have been very mixed on how available it is to JS guests. Purely anecdotal, just keeping track on my own from what I have heard from others, it seems to be easier to get into CK nightly on Quantum class ships rather than Oasis class ships.

13 hours ago, DD474 said:

We have two Jr. Suite on Allure this December.   One of the reasons we got the Jr. Suite is to Dine in the Coastal Kitchen all 6 nights of the cruise.   Being one of the benefits of a Jr. Suite. 

I'll be speaking to higher-ups if these no available.  Hopefully not.

I expect some CK relief will come from banning Pinnacles during the time when we must cruise with pandemic protocols.  That's speculation on my part and it's unclear what access JS will have to the CK.  We just don't know right now.  Either way I would suggest you visit CK as soon as you board and try to get reservations.  

On 2/14/2021 at 10:04 PM, twangster said:

I expect some CK relief will come from banning Pinnacles during the time when we must cruise with pandemic protocols.  That's speculation on my part and it's unclear what access JS will have to the CK.  We just don't know right now.  Either way I would suggest you visit CK as soon as you board and try to get reservations.  

Yes... I will head straight to the CK and try and book our dining times for that night if not the whole cruise.   ?

I was unaware of the availability clause in the perk listing.  ?

What's the Pinnacles banning ? ?

7 minutes ago, DD474 said:

Yes... I will head straight to the CK and try and book our dining times for that night if not the whole cruise.   ?

What's the Pinnacles banning ? ?

On Quantum, the only ship sailing so far during the pandemic, Pinnacles have been banned from the Suite Lounge and CK so that social distancing can be maintained for suite guests.

We don't know if that will be implemented in North America (or any other region) but there is reason to speculate it will be.  

The pandemic will likely lead to a number of changes compared to past experiences depending when your cruise occurs and how well the world is coping with the pandemic at that time.  We just don't know.

It's not good, they are not very forthcoming about it.  I don't think it states it online while booking, and when you get on board, it only very subtly states it in cruise compass.  And the wording isn't even that clear.  Keep an eye on pricing.  If it drops and you can upgrade to a Grand Suite, it might be worth it for Allure.  Then you are guaranteed CK for all meals.

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It's not good, they are not very forthcoming about it.  I don't think it states it online while booking, and when you get on board, it only very subtly states it in cruise compass.  And the wording isn't even that clear.  Keep an eye on pricing.  If it drops and you can upgrade to a Grand Suite, it might be worth it for Allure.  Then you are guaranteed CK for all meals.

That sound's like a good idea. ?  (I was thinking about upgrading).   My Jr. Suite is on the bumpout, so other than a larger room, the balcony's are the same size. ?

BUT..at the moment, all the Grand Suites are sold out ?  (not to mention, all the Jr. Suites are gone)

A Grand suite would guarantee CK and access to the suite outside lounging sun area.  ?

Thank You 

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

On Quantum, the only ship sailing so far during the pandemic, Pinnacles have been banned from the Suite Lounge and CK so that social distancing can be maintained for suite guests.

We don't know if that will be implemented in North America (or any other region) but there is reason to speculate it will be.  

The pandemic will likely lead to a number of changes compared to past experiences depending when your cruise occurs and how well the world is coping with the pandemic at that time.  We just don't know.

Thank You for the quick response. 

Would you happen to know, when can you book your boarding time ?  (Our Cruise is Dec 5th 2021)

A Grand suite would guarantee CK and access to the suite outside lounging sun area.  ?

Yes!  On ships without Royal Suite Class, the upgrade may not be as worth it.  But I am a firm believer that on ships with Royal Suite Class, between guaranteed access to CK, access to the suite sun deck, saved seating at shows, and complimentary VOOM, the upgrade is definitely worth it.

31 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes!  On ships without Royal Suite Class, the upgrade may not be as worth it.  But I am a firm believer that on ships with Royal Suite Class, between guaranteed access to CK, access to the suite sun deck, saved seating at shows, and complimentary VOOM, the upgrade is definitely worth it.

Once again, you are correct. ?  I forgot about the other benefit's of getting a Grand Suite. ?

I will be keeping a lookout for a Grand Suite.  ?

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

Check in historically starts after final payment due date (90 days out for most cruises).  I think many of us are waiting to see how this will work in 2021.  

Sound's like a plan...

So on September 5th (Final Payment).  I will be looking to book my boarding time.  (Hopefully one of the 1st available times)

Then heading straight up to the CK.. ( ? Grabbing a Drink on the way up.   ? And on the way down to the pool area) 

11 minutes ago, DD474 said:

Sound's like a plan...

So on September 5th (Final Payment).  I will be looking to book my boarding time.  (Hopefully one of the 1st available times)

Then heading straight up to the CK.. ( ? Grabbing a Drink on the way up.   ? And on the way down to the pool area) 

If all goes well myself and a number of others here hope to be sailing before you, more than once.  

This site and this forum are the place to keep an eye out for user reports for how it is working.

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

If all goes well myself and a number of others here hope to be sailing before you, more than once.  

This site and this forum are the place to keep an eye out for user reports for how it is working.

I'm fairly new to this site.  ?

Yes, I will be keeping an eye out for reports on how's things are going. ?

I'm hoping my Dec 5th cruise on Allure is far enough in the future, that it will go off.  (RCCL should have a handle on the situation)

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, chaotah said:

was on QotS in Dec 2020 and they allowed Room Service from CK for Sky Class.

That makes me wonder if it was allowed because first of all, Quantum has a lower number of Star Class passengers compared to Oasis class, and secondly, Quantum is sailing at reduced capacity (is that correct?) so they can handle a request like that better.  It's good to know.  Like I said, never hurts to ask.

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That makes me wonder if it was allowed because first of all, Quantum has a lower number of Star Class passengers compared to Oasis class, and secondly, Quantum is sailing at reduced capacity (is that correct?) so they can handle a request like that better.  It's good to know.  Like I said, never hurts to ask.

yes it is operating at 50% capacity (hearsay in talks to increase to 65% soon), but the 50% capacity sacrificed are the inside staterooms, and not 50% for each category.

Had a friend in GS last week and was turned away from CK for lunch because they did not make a reservation. CK seat capacity is also reduced to comply with local social distancing measures requirement. Instead they offered to send the food to her room, which may be the reason why they allow CK menu for room service for Sky Class.

16 minutes ago, chaotah said:

Had a friend in GS last week and was turned away from CK for lunch because they did not make a reservation. CK seat capacity is also reduced to comply with local social distancing measures requirement. Instead they offered to send the food to her room, which may be the reason why they allow CK menu for room service for Sky Class.

Oh that makes sense!  I didn't even think of that.