Across the Seas & Through the Stars - Actually a cruise live blog - Quantum 1 March

LogicallyLazy

I am sitting here after watching, so sad (because I miss cruising and SC so much!!!!), but even more excited to sail Anthem in the lofts to Norway next year.  Thank you for that amazing video and blog!!!!

Still wondering if we can be friends.  I noticed that your video did not feature Coastal Kitchen or my beloved filet. ?

Thanks for an awesome blog and for assisting me to spiral further into depression?. I appreciate you taking time to do this for all of us.  Hopefully we will see more live blogs soon!  I also admire your bravery in disagreeing with @Lovetocruise2002 on that filet. I live in Palm Springs and we have many tourists. When I’m asked where to get the best steak I always say the Coastal Kitchen - I’m too close to Canada, she may hear me. Glad you had a great cruise!

7 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Still wondering if we can be friends.  I noticed that your video did not feature Coastal Kitchen or my beloved filet. ?

Oh no...I’ve made another mistake. I swear, it’s not intentional. Please don’t hurt me...again. ?

3 hours ago, Rags1 said:

Thanks for an awesome blog and for assisting me to spiral further into depression

Thank you and...Sorry? I’m kind of at a lost if I should apologise too. Lol. 

Thanks so much for the live blog - it has been really interesting to see how RC are sailing out of Singapore, because I am fervently hoping that they can persuade the Australian government that the same model can be used for our cruise season later this year.  We're in the same position as Singapore with virtually no community transmission.

Plus, I'm booked on Quantum in 378 days - nowhere near Star Class, but as a solo traveller in an oceanview balcony, I'll have all the space I need. ?

3 hours ago, June May said:

Thanks so much for the live blog - it has been really interesting to see how RC are sailing out of Singapore, because I am fervently hoping that they can persuade the Australian government that the same model can be used for our cruise season later this year.  We're in the same position as Singapore with virtually no community transmission.

Yeah I don’t get why the Australian government is dragging their feet. With the talks about the travel bubble between Singapore and Australia, I would imagine having travellers within Australia is much simpler vs welcoming tourists from another country 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 5:35 AM, LogicallyLazy said:

To close out my journey on Quantum. Here’s a little video for you guys to enjoy. 

Quantum of the Seas Ocean Getaway - 1 March

This video is amazing! Thank you so much for this blog. We are booked in a gls on Anthem in March 2022 and I am increasingly worried about it actually happening! This video made me want to go even more! 

• 3 months later...

Thank you so much for this live blog! I'm booked for a Jan 2022 sailing on QOTS too, albeit a 3N one so it'll be a different sail date from your upcoming 4N cruise.

Our previous sailing on 17 May 2021 got cancelled at the very last minute due to the heightened alert restrictions that took effect on 16 May. Was utterly disappointed and crushed until recently when RCI released new sailings till Feb 2022. Keeping fingers crossed that my Jan sailing would materialise this time. 

I'm contemplating making an upgrade from Sky Class to Star Class. Hesitant about splurging but I'm also keen to make this experience a memorable one for my parents. It's been such a looonnngg time since we travelled so this cruise would be an amazing opportunity to get out of Singapore (well, sort of). 

Coincidentally, my dad LOVES seafood as well so the SC seafood tower rite of passage is definitely enticing. I've gathered a lot of valuable information about the genie/SC experience on this forum thanks to you guys and am almost certain that I want to make the jump. Guess the only thing holding me back is that my dad, being frugal, advised against paying more for a cruise. Not sure how much it'll take to convince him that being in SC almost guarantees it'll not just be another cruise experience.

I've digressed... but anyway, I was wondering if you had an opinion on whether the loft suites are relatively accessible as my parents have mobility issues.

Based on my understanding, unlike on other ships, the loft suites on QOTS are not equipped with a lift so that'll make climbing to the 2nd level tough. That said, it seems that the sofa on the 1st level converts into a bed, thus my question is - is this bedding uncomfortable? 

Also, as a few of you have mentioned in other posts, loft suites are situated at the AFT and so walking to and fro the suites and other parts of the ship would be an issue for us as well. Wished that was another lift nearer to the lofts...

Lastly, do you know if we'll be able to request for a wheelchair or anything that might come in handy for guests with mobility issues? My parents can walk and climb stairs but it's just strenuous for them. I'd hate to think that an upgrade from a non-loft suite to a loft suite inconveniences them. 

Thanks! 

@oldsoul

Glad you enjoyed the live blog. I too am hoping that the situation improves in Jan and there is less chance of cancellations or heightened measures. 

Anyway, there are definitely benefits to upgrading to Star. The genie was indispensable because she helped us slot in a lot of things into the short 3N sailing. In fact, I felt like there was too much to do and too little time. On my upcoming 4N sailing, I will definitely be taking a slower time. 

That being said though, you have brought up a few points. 

Firstly, yes the loft suites are to the aft of the ship. We returned to our room quite a bit on the sailing so it is a noticeable walk if you’re doing it often. If you plan to mainly leave the room and not return until the end of day, it won’t be an issue. 

My mum too has some mobility issues and most likely similar to your parents. Can climb stairs and walk, but best to be in moderation. Because of that, my parents did take the sofa bed. It’s definitely comfy enough. I’ve slept in a few sofa beds over the years and it’s definitely one of, if not, the best sofa bed I’ve tried so I won’t worry about that. 

As for providing a wheelchair, I’m not too sure on that. They can give your wheelchair assistance but I’m not sure if you can borrow 1 from them. This is RCL’s special needs form if you want it. I would suggest checking with them. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/resources/guest-special-needs

Thanks for the link, @LogicallyLazy! I'll have a look at it and see if they can arrange anything. 

Oh by the way, not sure if you've heard about it but Wonderland has been suspended temporarily. Heard that it's due to staffing issues. Hope it'll be back by Jan 2022, but seeing as how unpredictable things are right now, I'm not keeping my hopes up. 

2 hours ago, oldsoul said:

Thanks for the link, @LogicallyLazy! I'll have a look at it and see if they can arrange anything. 

Oh by the way, not sure if you've heard about it but Wonderland has been suspended temporarily. Heard that it's due to staffing issues. Hope it'll be back by Jan 2022, but seeing as how unpredictable things are right now, I'm not keeping my hopes up. 

Oh, I did not know this. I hope it opens. I skipped it the last time as it’s not really our thing in terms of dining experience.  Figured since I’ll have more time the next sailing I’ll give it a shot.