Some new 2022-2023 sailings out

1 hour ago, twangster said:

You'll use any excuse to book a cruise.

Guilty. lol

46 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Is it a Bermuda cruise?  I know the port and fees are extra.  

It's actually the Canada one.  I was disappointed because we lost the 9 night Canada/NE in July 2020.  This June, we are going to lose the Canada sailing on Oasis.  So while I don't love the 4 night (too short) to one port only, the dates work out well with our anniversary, it takes us to the east coast, and it's Adventure so we figured we'll just extend the trip by spending a few days in NYC pre-cruise.  I will have to look for a 9 night Canada/NE sailing another year when it doesn't conflict with my work schedule.  I don't know why they are only doing them in September/October in 2022.

49 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

which sucks though as no travelling for us

If Hubby and I can both get vaccinated in time (he's Phase 1 and I should be Phase 2), we are going to the Rockies this summer.  Staying in Canada, but at least we can get away for a bit.

25 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It's actually the Canada one.  I was disappointed because we lost the 9 night Canada/NE in July 2020.  This June, we are going to lose the Canada sailing on Oasis.  So while I don't love the 4 night (too short) to one port only, the dates work out well with our anniversary, it takes us to the east coast, and it's Adventure so we figured we'll just extend the trip by spending a few days in NYC pre-cruise.  I will have to look for a 9 night Canada/NE sailing another year when it doesn't conflict with my work schedule.  I don't know why they are only doing them in September/October in 2022.

If Hubby and I can both get vaccinated in time (he's Phase 1 and I should be Phase 2), we are going to the Rockies this summer.  Staying in Canada, but at least we can get away for a bit.

So disappointing missing 9 night Canada....and then again this year.  4 nights are better than nothing and so much to do in NYC.  Will be a great celebration.

Fingers crossed you can get to the Rockies.  From what I remember you're a teacher so hopefully you'll get vaccinated sooner rather than later (don't know what your DH does).  We'll be in the last group so not expecting until fall (and then who knows when it will be available for our kids)

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Both my kids are over 12, so hopefully by end of 2021 or early 2022....

Great...let's hope. I have one turning 16 soon so he's good with Pfizer if that is the one that we get, and other turns 12 in a couple months.  So crossing my fingers and toes for Mar 2022.

On 2/18/2021 at 3:07 AM, WannaCruise said:

Noticed these were out. We currently have 2 Anthem bookings and if we don't make them due to pandemic, then will most likely try again March 2023. If prices were good then would have booked but opening prices are quite high.

Is this a thing that others have noticed too?  Our agent booked a couple reservations (its between two dates for us) from NY/NJ in Mar-Apr 2023. I saw what seemed pretty reasonable "from $$ !!" on the front page of web site and clicked through just a bit;  but what landed from agent was notably higher in total than what those initial clicks had revealed.

So much for earliest booking => most cost effective?  Perhaps RC is testing the market, expecting/hoping for higher demand/fares in 2023 to recover from COVID impact?

1 hour ago, Rfk said:

So much for earliest booking => most cost effective?  Perhaps RC is testing the market, expecting/hoping for higher demand/fares in 2023 to recover from COVID impact?

Book early. Watch pricing. You can get your price adjusted up until final payment. Lots of time for those prices to change.

FWIW, the Adventure July 2022 sailing I grabbed has dropped twice now since release two weeks ago. Not much, but a bit. 

Wonder of the Seas is do to enter service at some point in 2022.  I'm wondering if  Wonder of the Seas will traverse the same route as Spectrum of the Seas did in 2019 to get to China?  Or is Wonder to large to take the same route the smaller Spectrum took especially through the Suez Canal?   Spectrum of the Seas had some interesting ports of call during that one way journey. 

So far I've only book one cruise in 2022 I'm trying to hold out to see how Royal Caribbean plans to get Wonder from Europe to China.

1 hour ago, JasonOasis said:

Wonder of the Seas is do to enter service at some point in 2022.  I'm wondering if  Wonder of the Seas will traverse the same route as Spectrum of the Seas did in 2019 to get to China?  Or is Wonder to large to take the same route the smaller Spectrum took especially through the Suez Canal?   Spectrum of the Seas had some interesting ports of call during that one way journey. 

So far I've only book one cruise in 2022 I'm trying to hold out to see how Royal Caribbean plans to get Wonder from Europe to China.

From what I gather the consensus is she will fit in the Suez.  Her width is okay at the waterline (tight) but it does exceed published beam capacity above the waterline.  It's not clear if that will be an issue.

There is some thought that she may not carry revenue passengers on the repositioning.  Instead she may just power through without the additional stops that guests would expect.  We don't know yet. 

Royal tends to focus on the next ship which in this case is Odyssey, expected to be handed over somewhere around March.   No news is expected before then or very soon after so it may summer or the fall before we learn anything more about Wonder.