Beverage packages (again!)

I am cruising to Bermuda out of Baltimore in August and went onto My Cruises to look at excursions, dining, etc. I decided to get the Premium beverage package ($47/day regular price) when I saw it was being advertised at 20% off, as was the Ultimate package. So I loaded it into my cart but when I went to check out, the price was the full $47/ day plus the 18% gratuity (which I knew would be added!). There was no 20% discount. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I remember some months back on this board there was a similar situation but the thread just seemed to peter out and I couldn't find out the resolution.

Before I get my TA involved and start calling RCL, I would appreciate any input from posters here who have had similar situations. Thanks!

The price you're seeing is the 20% off, although I don't recognize the $47/day price.

To give you some context from my experience, when I bought the Premium package for my last cruise, it was $49/day. I bought it for my upcoming cruise and it was $44/day (20% off). That doesn't make sense unless you think that Royal Caribbean may have increased the base price of the Premium package to around $59/day, which is certainly possible.

Given that NCL is now charging $79/day for their comparable package, I wouldn't be surprised to see Royal Caribbean raising their price.

It is definitely confusing how the pricing works exactly, but Marc is correct that the price you see is the discounted price.  

I think they should make it a bit easier to understand the exact pricing difference, but I think they went for simplistic (one price to display).