4 Person in Grand Loft Suite or 2 Grand Suite?

chaotah

If you were going to go with the UDP and DBP regardless, how much is the difference in price. 

That’s basically what you’re paying for the extra amenities of star class namely the genie and upcharges at speciality dining. 

It’s up to you to decide if that’s worth it. 

If it were me, I’d go for the loft suite. Other than the fact that I won’t have to worry once on board about any reservations, it’s just cool to be in a loft suite lol

There is no denying the merits of Star Class exceed simply the cost of the drink and dining packages plus gratuities.

However this can vary based on a couple of factors.  If you have been on that ship, seen all the shows, etc. and don't feel the need to do them again then an aspect of Star Class would be wasted.  If you are very high up in Crown and Anchor then the incremental perks of Star Class aren't as great compared to a typical member.  However if some of the four guests don't fall into this category then Star Class is pretty awesome.  It's the ultimate way to cruise.

Having said that, four adults in a GLS is certainly doable but you may not have privacy at all times.  For a family of four adults such as parents and adult kids this may not be an issue.  For separate couples that would enjoy some privacy or the ability to get away from the other couple sometimes then four adults in a GLS may impede with "alone time".   One couple will get a very nice and comfortable bedroom upstairs while the other couple is sleeping on the pull out sofa in the living room.  Even the best pull out sofas are still a pull out sofa and not a proper bed.  The bedroom in the loft upstairs is open to downstairs so sounds at night will be heard by everyone.  If you are thinking about intimacy that may be lacking in the GLS for two couples.   If the couple downstairs like to sleep in but the couple upstairs are early risers that can be awkward in the mornings and vice versa if one couple heads to bed early while the other couple is active later in the evenings.

The GLS is a beautiful cabin but from a purely functional and logistical perspective, two GS suites do offer a better overall level of comfort for all guests especially when it comes to sleeping and none of the issues with sharing space with another couple.  If Star Class wasn't part of the equation then two GS would be very compelling even though the GLS has a certain wow factor absent in the GS.  

If sharing space and the sleeping arrangements work for all four of you do not underestimate the value of Star Class, it truly is the ultimate way to cruise.  

Price Difference: maybe S$100-S$200 per pax

Been on the ship: Yes. 5th time on a Quantum Class, 3rd time on QoTS. We are sailing to nowhere so for the shows would be been there done that.

UDP: Ate all of them before already. UDP staff on QoTS are general lacking in service, and we are happy with CK

Drinks Package: optional

Important Factor: Lack of Proper bed

Genie: Priceless

Will probably ask my mates what they think.

If it was 2 adults and 2 kids, then I would say it's no issue with the GLS.  However, like @twangster already mentioned, privacy a real issue with 4 adults.  How would you decide who gets the pull out couch and living room area?  And the curtain upstairs does not provide much privacy at all.  I suppose it would really depend on who the 4 adults are.  For myself, it were Hubby and I and another couple, I would say no way.  If it were Hubby and I and my sister and brother in law maybe, but that is only because we are a very close family already.

The other thing to consider is how you would choose who gets the upstairs and who gets the pull out sofa?  Would that cause hard feelings?  Will you adjust the pay so that the people staying downstairs pay a bit less?  These are also things to consider if you are going to take that GLS.

For the points @twangster and @Lovetocruise2002 have stated there is no way I'm sharing a cabin with two adults. I don't care if it's family, life long friends or a stranger at the pier - especially if I'm sailing with my wife. I'm also at the point in my life where I don't want to share a hotel room for a "guys weekend." Maybe I'll share a room for an overnight with a buddy with two beds, but that's it.

I also think the points they made about the pullout sofa & privacy are excellent and should be given serious thought. There isn't going to be another room available if things aren't what they seem.

24 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The other thing to consider is how you would choose who gets the upstairs and who gets the pull out sofa?  Would that cause hard feelings?  Will you adjust the pay so that the people staying downstairs pay a bit less?  These are also things to consider if you are going to take that GLS.

Did a little suite in Vegas for a guys weekend, two queen beds and a pullout couch. The guy who ended up on the pullout didn't have to pay for the hotel room. He picked up a meal tab as a thank you. That was also the point when I realized I'm over room sharing. 3 adult men with 3 very different hotel habits (sleeping, neatness, etc) just getting too old for it.

Edited by sk8erguy1978
clarify

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have often had the same questions about groups sharing the 2 BR ATS.  Who gets the tiny inside BR and who gets the nice Duxiana master ?  I have never had to worry about this as we've never entertained having anyone else share the suite but I don't know how happy I would be if I paid 1/2 of the cruise fare and got stuck in that tiny second BR...or worse, have to sleep out in the LR on a pull-out.

With regard to the OP's question, I agree with you and @twangster.  If it is family members sharing, the GLS would be ok but with 2 couples, I would definitely choose the 2 GS with separate proper sleeping areas.

I have shared a cabin before with  another couple.  It was ok.  And we did pay more of the price as we wanted the master bedroom.   But there is not much privacy.

Sometimes you want to take a nap and the other couple has to be quiet, or be out of the cabin.  It worked for us at the time, but I would not do it again. I like my own space and routine too much.