Test cruise

The app shows Feb 1 to Feb 16 is a 16 night IT test cruise and Feb 16 to Feb 22 as an IT test cruise.  Nothing after that until May.

My guess is they are testing new app features and functionality but not actually sailing test cruises.  

Although 12 days at Cococay does sound pretty appealing right now.

The app has Symphony on a 20 night IT test cruise, Brilliance with a 5 night "Temptation" cruise, Indy with some charters and Navigator with two "Non-rev IT Test Cruise".

Who knows what it means.  

Brilliance

Indy

Mariner

Navigator

Symphony

Maybe some insight to the ships they intend or are thinking about starting with first?

Or maybe nothing at all but IT testing the app.

2 hours ago, LizzyBee23 said:

I wonder what it would take to test the contact tracing apps... Release the crew, and tell them to do their best impression of vacationers in the wild?

I'm thinking that Quantum is probably giving them a lot of experience and exposure to contact tracing systems even if the same system isn't used in North America.

My guess is it's just a mechanism to have the app function so that they can work on whatever needs work/testing. They designed the app to work with different sailings, so they added a bunch of fake test cruises so app would function.

Based on comments from various cruise lines and CDC saying they havent even given the cruise lines all the instructions yet, I don't think it's a test cruise in the sense we all want it to be.

But again, who knows.