Online Coastal Kitchen Reservations - Oasis

DDemuth

We're booked on Oasis for the Western Caribbean in late October.  I've already made several online reservations for Specialty restaurants but can suite guests also make Coastal Kitchen reservations for My Time Dining using the Cruise Planner?  If so, how are these reservations distinguished from online reservations for the main dining room?  Thanks for the help.

We never ate in the MDR  :huh: We ate at CK several times.  Loved it!  The prosciutto wrapped dates are to die for.  The steak was better than chops in my opinion.  The only thing I liked as much or better on board was 150 CP

OK then, looks like we're in for a real treat!  :)   Can't believe that the CK is under utilized given that your impressions are consistent with online reviews.  We looked at 150 CP but instead reserved a night at the Chef's Table.  Did this on our first cruise and it was superb.  This cruise is shaping up to be a significant challenge to my waistline....

• 3 weeks later...

We never ate in the MDR  :huh: We ate at CK several times.  Loved it!  The prosciutto wrapped dates are to die for.  The steak was better than chops in my opinion.  The only thing I liked as much or better on board was 150 CP

Interesting that you mention the steak being better than Chops. Others on these boards, including me, have stated that Giovanni's filet is better than Chops. I love so many things about Royal Caribbean, but I wish Chops would figure out how to serve a good steak.

I do have a question about Coastal Kitchen... My wife and I will be on Oasis in December in a Junior Suite, which means access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner. I'm traveling with other family members who are not in Suites. Would they be able to gain access if they go with us or is it a strict restriction to suite guests? I'm guessing it's pretty strict but thought I would ask.

I do have a question about Coastal Kitchen... My wife and I will be on Oasis in December in a Junior Suite, which means access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner. I'm traveling with other family members who are not in Suites. Would they be able to gain access if they go with us or is it a strict restriction to suite guests? I'm guessing it's pretty strict but thought I would ask.

Usually its only for suites.  I've never been in one but know they like to look at your sea pass card to get into the diamond club and concierge club.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was able to snag a JS for a December cruise. So what's the current deal for Coastal Kitchen, are reservations needed and if yes how to make, or is it still just walk up?

Not been on Oasis yet, have to wait until Oct 2017 for that but on Anthem this year we were also in a JS and had to make reservations for CK for dinner. We made these on-board via the planner on the stateroom TV. We thoroughly enjoyed CK and are looking forward to trying it again on Oasis this time we will have a GS so will also be able to get in to try breakfast.

Just returned from a b2b on the Allure, staying in a JS.  It was our impression that CK was basically for Sky and Star Suite guests since it is on deck 17 where all those suites are located.  I went up to check it out but entry to the restaurant required one to swipe their sea pass, so was denied entry.  Didn't see anyone around to help out so we forgot about eating there with so many other great places to dine.  

Unless the Oasis is different, those in the Sea Suite category (JS) can have dinner there, but only one time per week.  We didn't get to try it so cant comment on the food but did hear from others that it was very good.

Just returned from a b2b on the Allure, staying in a JS.  It was our impression that CK was basically for Sky and Star Suite guests since it is on deck 17 where all those suites are located.  I went up to check it out but entry to the restaurant required one to swipe their sea pass, so was denied entry.  Didn't see anyone around to help out so we forgot about eating there with so many other great places to dine.  

Unless the Oasis is different, those in the Sea Suite category (JS) can have dinner there, but only one time per week.  We didn't get to try it so cant comment on the food but did hear from others that it was very good.

Never heard about being limited to only one visit to CK if you are in a JS. On Anthem 9 day cruise we ate there a few times and were asked by the wait staff why we didn't use it more. The reason was we were also trying out other specialty restaurants and couldn't fit in any more visits.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just returned from a b2b on the Allure, staying in a JS. It was our impression that CK was basically for Sky and Star Suite guests since it is on deck 17 where all those suites are located. I went up to check it out but entry to the restaurant required one to swipe their sea pass, so was denied entry. Didn't see anyone around to help out so we forgot about eating there with so many other great places to dine.

Unless the Oasis is different, those in the Sea Suite category (JS) can have dinner there, but only one time per week. We didn't get to try it so cant comment on the food but did hear from others that it was very good.

Had a similar experience on Oasis this month. We were in a JS and made a reservation while on the ship. When we arrived at CK there was a sign that said Star and Sky Class only, and you had to swipe your sea pass to open the door. I had to knock on the door to gain admittance. This really bothered me that Sea Class has this as an amenity but you are treated as a second class citizen.

I discussed it with the ship's restaurant manager and he apologized for this and assured me we had full access every night of the cruise.

When we were on Oasis, you were able to book at table for yourself and your friends even if they weren't suite guests. Just need one card to get into the place.

Not so for us on Oasis in December. We tried and were told all diners had to be in a suite. We had 4 people in Suites and 2 in a balcony and only the suite people were admitted.