what are the chances...

kittysoul

I am pretty sure that I never did the 'non refundable ' option, but 1800 dollars of my current scheduled cruise (jan 2022) was booked with the FCC already given to me from the May 2020 cancellation, which I cancelled myself, before they started cancelling them... I wish i would have waited, but you know, hindsight...

8 minutes ago, Sharla said:

If you have a refundable option you can take a refund now. If on your confirmation it says NRD then it's a non-refundable deposit, and you'll have to wait for Royal Caribbean to cancel. 

ok, got it!  Thank you so much for your help.  I had originally booked this before I knew of Matt and the website... now , i know, when I do book again, i will go through you guys!  

6 hours ago, kittysoul said:

I am pretty sure that I never did the 'non refundable ' option, but 1800 dollars of my current scheduled cruise (jan 2022) was booked with the FCC already given to me from the May 2020 cancellation, which I cancelled myself, before they started cancelling them... I wish i would have waited, but you know, hindsight...

So since it sounds as though you used Cruise with Confidence to cancel that original cruise then you will most likely not have the opportunity to take a cash refund for it now.  The FCC stands until you use it or it expires.   Same thing happened to me...used CwC to cancel my original April 2020 cruise...got 25% of monies back and 75% issued as FCC.  of course one month later the cruise was cancelled so missed out on full refund!!  Almost immediately booked April 2021 (cheaper all around and even got JS's for most of my group!!) and then used L&S to bring it to April 2022.  Just praying by that time life will be back to a somewhat normal state...truly do not feel as though I will be comfortable being on a cruise wearing a mask...etc...as I noted earlier in another blog topic.