Bring a friend (in the same stateroom) reward?

ninja

Hi!

Does anyone know if the Bring A Friend Reward is applicable when mye friend (1 cruise, Gold level) is bringing me (0 cruises, no level) on a cruise? It definitely would have been if I booked my own stateroom, but we're sharing. 
Does she only get OBC for each stateroom extra that RCI sell, not each extra person onboard?

We were not able to put in our info in the Bring A Friend online form, but we don't know if that is because of the joint booking ref. number or some other problem.

Can anyone advice us on if there would be any use in contacting RCI directly?

:)

Our Best,

Nina & Camilla

I just received Bring a Friend credit for my 18 year old daughter in my same cabin.  I don't know about booking numbers and such, but booked at the same time on the same booking number, I received the credit.

Did you have to ask for the credit, or did they give it to you automatically?

Interesting, I've never heard of this discount .... I wonder if I could get one for bringing my wife on her first cruise..... hmmm...

I haven't heard of the discount either, but that's also where a good TA comes in. For example, I booked a cruise with MEI (Michelle) with MSC (yes, I know, not Royal) and she provided me with information regarding their "Loyaty Match" program. As a result, I will receive top-tier perks when I sail with them as I will be Dianond by then. I would have never known about this otherwise.

I traveled with a party of 10 in 5 cabins last month.  I received 4 $25 credits because there were first time RCCL cruisers (adults only... children don't qualify) in four cabins including my own.  

If you log into the RCCL website, go to my cruises, you'll see the "Bring a friend" tab.  I put the info in right after we booked a year ago.  It's status was "pending" up til about 2 or 3 weeks out at which point it was approved, and indeed I had a $100 on board credit at the time our cruise started.

I just tried it on the link that Matt provided .... it wouldn't work because it seems to want a different reservation number (we have the same reservation number) -- Looks like I'm making a phone call.....

Question though, would I call Royal directly, or the TA?

I just tried it on the link that Matt provided .... it wouldn't work because it seems to want a different reservation number (we have the same reservation number) -- Looks like I'm making a phone call.....

Question though, would I call Royal directly, or the TA?

I had the same issue... not sure if I should call my TA or Royal either.

Your TA is incorrect.  I just received a credit for my 18 year old daughter in my stateroom.  $25 credit on the Adventure of the Seas last month.

Alright - I just went ahead and emailed Royal myself. Let's see what happens!

never a problem, and it does apply when they stay in the same cabin as that's always the way it worked for me.....I have done it a few times and the $25 OBC was on my booking when I checked in......

But I would much rather a free cruise perk.....where is the info and link to that?!

One last thing, I'm not sure why you have to involve your TA.  If you have an account on RCCL's website, your cruise should be there under "My Cruises".  Once you click on the appropriate cruise, you should see a tab for "Bring a Friend".  The first page of "Bring a Friend" is the rules page.  From there you can click on "Bring a Friend History".  From there you can input the information (it's a very short form).  Once completed, it showed all four of my "applicants" as "pending" until about 14 days before sailing.  After that they showed as "Approved" in "Bring a Friend History".  When I boarded, the $100 credit was there.

It's first time adult RCCL cruises traveling with you in your stateroom or others on your reservation number or others.  I'm sure there is a screening process RCCL uses before approving.  In my case it was 5 cabins with separate reservation numbers booked at the same time by me directly with the cruise line.  There is a chance they give extra scrutiny to TAs.  How easy would it be to book strangers on a cruise and tell one about the other?  Then they could ask for the credit without knowing each other.

One last thing, I'm not sure why you have to involve your TA.  If you have an account on RCCL's website, your cruise should be there under "My Cruises".  Once you click on the appropriate cruise, you should see a tab for "Bring a Friend".  The first page of "Bring a Friend" is the rules page.  From there you can click on "Bring a Friend History".  From there you can input the information (it's a very short form).  Once completed, it showed all four of my "applicants" as "pending" until about 14 days before sailing.  After that they showed as "Approved" in "Bring a Friend History".  When I boarded, the $100 credit was there.

It's first time adult RCCL cruises traveling with you in your stateroom or others on your reservation number or others.  I'm sure there is a screening process RCCL uses before approving.  In my case it was 5 cabins with separate reservation numbers booked at the same time by me directly with the cruise line.  There is a chance they give extra scrutiny to TAs.  How easy would it be to book strangers on a cruise and tell one about the other?  Then they could ask for the credit without knowing each other.

I tried this for my friend cruising in my stateroom, and it rejected it. 

I don't know.  My daughter and I had the same reservation number.  I do recall that she was still 17 when I made the reservation.  I had to wait until after she turned 18 several months after I made the reservation in order for the system to accept her application.

I don't know.  My daughter and I had the same reservation number.  I do recall that she was still 17 when I made the reservation.  I had to wait until after she turned 18 several months after I made the reservation in order for the system to accept her application.

We're both 26, so that should be a non-issue. Hopefully RC Customer Service will be able to help me out!

Please let us know. I found the same thing with the different reservation number, though i thought about putting mine in a 2nd time. My husband is going on his first cruise with me in august and 25 dollars would buy that first drink on board!

Hi All - I recently did this. You need to call RCL, and I believe they transferred me to the C&A folks. They applied the credit for my mom who is travelling with me in September. It may not appear until a few weeks prior to cruise, at which point a second phone call would be good to follow-up.  I also tried doing this online but it didn't work.

*shrug* no idea. It told me the reservation number is invalid... when we have the same one. So no idea. Royal's site isn't known for being the most reliable. 

Did the same thing for me - best bet is to give them a call. They were able to do it for me over the phone.

• 4 weeks later...

Me and my buddy just decided to split into two different rooms for Oasis next month and now he has a different reservation number.  I already had put in a request when he was under the same reservation number.  As you cannot modify previous submissions, I entered a new request.  Let's see what happens here!  Hoping one gets rejected/one approved and not both rejected for some type of redundancy error.

I had 5 cabins, each with a C&A member and each with a new cruiser "friend". My TA booked the cruise as a group so RCI said sorry, the incentive is not applicable. Their website said nothing excluding groups, just group rates, which I did not pay. 2 emails and they won't budge.

Princess has the same thing. On my last Princess cruise I got $50 and the new cruiser got $50. It was simple and easy.

RCI needs to look at this program and make it a true incentive that's easy to apply for.

I had 5 cabins, each with a C&A member and each with a new cruiser "friend". My TA booked the cruise as a group so RCI said sorry, the incentive is not applicable. Their website said nothing excluding groups, just group rates, which I did not pay. 2 emails and they won't budge.

Princess has the same thing. On my last Princess cruise I got $50 and the new cruiser got $50. It was simple and easy.

RCI needs to look at this program and make it a true incentive that's easy to apply for.

I ended up calling them ..... had to prove that I paid an RCL rate, not a group rate through the TA --- now my request for the Bring a Friend OBC is "pending" -- the CSR said I should no a week or so before embarkation ..... I know it's only $25, but hey, that's a FREE T-shirt, Coffee Mug or something (or extra gamblin money because it'll free up $25 from somewhere else in the vacation budget .... )