Internet cafes?

8 minutes ago, KirstenCapeTown said:

Hi all ?

I was wondering, is there an internet cafe on board? Say, for example, we wanted to spend an hour online doing anything we needed, is there a place to do so without getting the internet packages?

We're planning to be on the Allure, in case that matters.

Thanks in advance

Don't know about Allure, I can't recall one on my Quantum sailing FWIW, but there was one on Explorer as recently as October 2018.

On Quantum, I simply paid for 24 hours worth of connection on my device. You don't need to buy a package for the whole trip.

1 hour ago, Mike.s said:

A few years ago on Independence we used the computers that were situated in the Library so our son could get his exam results, can't remember how we paid but we didn't get an internet package.

If I recall, We paid on the home page using my SeaPass on Grandeur to Check-In and get boarding passes for our next day flights. There were a couple tiers of service available. I believe, one hour was $9.99, a full day was $18.99. You're issued log-in info to the ship's internet service upon paying.

While we only paid for the one hour, I found that we had wi-fi access for about 4-6 hours on my phone.

Allure does or did have one when I sailed her in March.  Deck 6 off the aft stairs on port. 

There was a printer on the network in there and I was able to print from my cabin. ? 

I say "did" have one because during the Oasis amplification she lost her internet cafe.  It's unknown if Allure was going to lose hers in the amplification that didn't happen, yet.

However... internet isn't free in the internet cafe on any ship.  You still need a Voom plan.  Sign in is the same in the internet cafe as your phone or personal laptop.