Which hotel to stay at in Miami?

CruisingOz

Hello RCB community,

We have now booked some cruises in early 2022 leaving from the Port of Miami and would like some suggestions on where we should stay?

We will be flying in from Australia so expect to come in through MIA, and this will be our first time to Miami. We would like a few days in advance to get over the jet lag and also experience the beaches, food and culture of Miami. We are doing a B2B on the Symphony starting 29th Jan '22 and then we have a night in-between before we board the Radiance (our favourite class of ship to unwind) for another B2B, with one port being Key West. Well let's see if that port stop is really going to happen after the local's voted the way they did? Anyway I digress. 

I have read the Intercontinental, Bay View room is the hotel to stay close to the port and see the ships; is this correct? Is this hotel walking distance to restaurants, beaches and alike or should be looking at staying somewhere else? If the Intercontinental is only good for it's proximity to the port then we can stay there the one night in-between cruises, and open to another more suitable hotel for a first time to Florida tourist.      

We love the Intercontinental Miami!! That is our go-to hotel when sailing out of Miami. We always book the Bay View rooms and we also book Club level since that gives you access to their lounge (well worth the extra cost IMO). 

The hotel is a 5 min walk to Bayside Marketplace where there are tons of choices for dining and shopping. It’s a 15 min ride to South Beach if you want that. And best part is that it takes less than 10 mins to get to the port of Miami. 

Love that hotel, I miss it. ?

80E7AE69-0EBE-4B6A-B49C-94AB04C8B15D.thumb.jpeg.79a466473a273a137bc2e8121e8a6403.jpeg8D690894-FCD0-411C-AE5D-50D6F7C5757F.thumb.jpeg.8d4e2578bbb5a720e6a2c68575ebe590.jpeg

The Miami Kimpton Epic is really beautiful, and is where we always stay.  It's right next to the Intercontinental but without hefty price tag.  Most (all?) of the rooms have balconies, some that overlook the river and/or the port.  And the wine happy hour is a bonus!

20191201_164031.thumb.jpg.ab80158ec62d29ae6d2b9180d9f78a13.jpg

20191201_160153.jpg

20191201_160143.jpg

8 hours ago, RickinSTL said:

I'm a Hilton snob lol... Doubletree by Hilton Biscayne Bay would be my bet..  

So, this is real close to the cruise port too right? It's half the price of Intercontinental and Kimpton for the one night I'll be there. Coming across the country takes all day, so we will basically get checked in and go to sleep, then get right back up and check out to head to the port. Seems like it has pretty good setup for us with our 3 kids, Yea?

41 minutes ago, JasonL said:

So, this is real close to the cruise port too right? It's half the price of Intercontinental and Kimpton for the one night I'll be there. Coming across the country takes all day, so we will basically get checked in and go to sleep, then get right back up and check out to head to the port. Seems like it has pretty good setup for us with our 3 kids, Yea?

This hotel is almost directly across the street from Bayside.  So yes, really close.

On 1/31/2021 at 9:25 PM, JasonL said:

Yes..the Doubletree is a good choice for this.  Inexpensive to Uber/Lyft from the airport and to the port.  You can walk to the grocery store to pick up any last minute things you didn't want to fly with (wine/water/toiletries/sunscreen).  It is a Publix so you can also go online and order fresh made subs for a quixk, effortless meal. There's also an attached shopping area to the hotel with some restaurants and cafes if you prefer that.  

• 2 weeks later...