2023 itineraries

1 hour ago, Drewtastic86 said:

Who else is dying for the 2023 itineraries to come out??? Part of me wishes they could release half or all 2023 so I can get excited and book ahead.  Anyone else chomping at the bit to book more cruises???

I would like the rest of 2022 to come out first.  Then 2023.  Am waiting.....

Ordinarily I would say that is a pretty easy question to answer (the answer should be...."they will not start taking bookings before the schedules are published online") but given the incredibly poor handling of the Hawaii-Vancouver cruises (one with Quantum and the other with Ovation in April 22), I would have to say, "there's no way of knowing" !

The HNL-YVR itin for the Quantum (26 Apr - 9 May) have been "bookable" (sorry I know that's not a real word) for at least 4 days now...and that itin is still not up on the RCI website (Just checked.  Still not there).  Those of us who read the online blogs got the intel that way but for those pax who are sailing from Sydney - Honolulu on Quantum and hope to continue on to Vancouver and do NOT read the blogs may be in for a big disappointment once the itinerary is finally published online.

Since the Quantum HNL-YVR itin is 13 days and the Ovation HNL-YVR is only 10 days, it was a no-brainer for me (and many others who happened to get this early intel) to jump off of Ovation, spend the night in Honolulu and jump onto Quantum the next day.  Those who do not know that the itin is being booked by phone could very well find their cabin has been booked.  The Ovation (10 nights) is showing up in the RCI database but was not bookable (sorry again) when I called yesterday.  That's how I found out that the OV HNL-YVR itin was only 10 nights.  For those of us that are switching from OV to QN, it's easy.  We just stay over in HNL 1 night but for those who are sailing in on QN, there won't be another ship to jump onto.  If they can't get onto QN, they will be flying home.

Even when I called to book, all of the Star Class and Owner's Suites were already booked so they are definitely booking up fast. I just hope that they publish the itin soon so that those who want to continue on, have the opportunity to book SOMEthing.

Thanks for sharing that anecdote.  I was having a hard time tracking which year you were referring to... Do you have any sense of how early before the public release date that your cruise became "bookable" (yes, that's a real word now)?  You wrote its been open four days, how far in advance of the public on sale date/week ("deployment"?) is it?

Really just want a sense of how far in advance of the on-sale week should I get really paranoid? 

On 1/30/2021 at 9:12 PM, Drewtastic86 said:

Who else is dying for the 2023 itineraries to come out??? Part of me wishes they could release half or all 2023 so I can get excited and book ahead.  Anyone else chomping at the bit to book more cruises???

Me !  I am particularly looking for late 2023.  December 2023 will be Sheryl and I's 25th anniversary, so I want to figure out something rather special

10 minutes ago, Andy & Sheryl Unwin said:

Me !  I am particularly looking for late 2023.  December 2023 will be Sheryl and I's 25th anniversary, so I want to figure out something rather special

Pretty sure that is not coming out with this release.   They will release December 2022 and December 2023 will have to wait for next year.  That has been the general trend.

3 hours ago, Rfk said:

Thanks for sharing that anecdote.  I was having a hard time tracking which year you were referring to... Do you have any sense of how early before the public release date that your cruise became "bookable" (yes, that's a real word now)?  You wrote its been open four days, how far in advance of the public on sale date/week ("deployment"?) is it?

Really just want a sense of how far in advance of the on-sale week should I get really paranoid? 

To the best of my knowledge Royal began accepting bookings on Sunday, Jan 31.  I have no specific knowledge of the exact date.  That is the first indication I had that the 26 April 2022 Quantum cruise was being booked.  Truly I have no idea how far in advance of the public sale date/week it was....or even WHAT the public sale date/week was.

I understand your question and your concern. Unfortunately I don’t have an answer for you.  ?

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

To the best of my knowledge Royal began accepting bookings on Sunday, Jan 31.  I have no specific knowledge of the exact date.  That is the first indication I had that the 26 April 2022 Quantum cruise was being booked.  Truly I have no idea how far in advance of the public sale date/week it was....or even WHAT the public sale date/week was.

I understand your question and your concern. Unfortunately I don’t have an answer for you.  ?

OK!  So here's a new question:

Comparing two items from the schedule release posting:

-- Week of February 22, 2021: Short Caribbean Summer 2022 — "Winter 2023"

-- Week of March 1, 2021: 7-Night & Long Caribbean Winter 2022 — "2023"

Does this mean that Short Caribbean schedule that drops week of 3/01 will stop at March 2023, but 7-Night/Long Caribbean will extend beyond March, maybe through summer or fall?  Just trying to understand what we'll be able to see that week.

Thanks! 

In previous years these sailing would have been released last November or December. I expect the new itineraries to be from Nov 1, 2022 till April 30, 2023. 
An Oasis ship (probably Allure) might be listed out of Galveston. I would consider it risky to book a sailing departing before January 2023 since any port expansion delays will result in cancelled sailings. 

23 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

In previous years these sailing would have been released last November or December. I expect the new itineraries to be from Nov 1, 2022 till April 30, 2023. 
An Oasis ship (probably Allure) might be listed out of Galveston. I would consider it risky to book a sailing departing before January 2023 since any port expansion delays will result in cancelled sailings. 

Are you suggesting those interested in sailing out of Galveston on an Oasis Class ship not book until January 2023 do to construction delays?  Or are you saying don't book any cruise until January 2023?

45 minutes ago, Rfk said:

OK!  So here's a new question:

Comparing two items from the schedule release posting:

-- Week of February 22, 2021: Short Caribbean Summer 2022 — "Winter 2023"

-- Week of March 1, 2021: 7-Night & Long Caribbean Winter 2022 — "2023"

Does this mean that Short Caribbean schedule that drops week of 3/01 will stop at March 2023, but 7-Night/Long Caribbean will extend beyond March, maybe through summer or fall?  Just trying to understand what we'll be able to see that week.

Thanks! 

No. My understanding is that if they follow what usually is done, the week of February 22 will be the short 3-5 night sailings from Nov 2022 - April 2023 and then the following week, it will be the 7+ night  Caribbean sailings from Nov 2022-April 2023. 

I’ll answer with a quick story. In November 2019 I was on Navigator when November 2021 through April 2022 was released. Nothing for Allure was included. I asked concierge and he stated that plans for allure were in works and mentioned Galveston. Two months later, in January 2020 the Allure sailings were finally released for Galveston starting October 2021. These all got cancelled when Royal postponed dock expansion. Glad I didn’t wait to book Allure and instead got the suites I wanted on Oasis Nov 2021 and Symphony Jan 2022 as these aren’t dependent on port improvements

If an Oasis class ship is available to book out of Galveston with sailings starting in November 2022 I would consider booking this  as optimistic as actual construction is not scheduled to start till April. Any delays will result in cancelled sailings. The later one waits, even into 2023, the better the chances of the new terminal being finished. 
Royal may have learned from last year and will not release sailings until port construction actually commences and they have some confidence that the new terminal will be ready.

Since I didn’t have a booking which was cancelled from original Allure out of Galveston itineraries I’m not aware what was offered to those affected. It usually costs Royal something to cancel sailings, beyond passenger frustration.

1 hour ago, AlmondFarmer said:

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No. My understanding is that if they follow what usually is done, the week of February 22 will be the short 3-5 night sailings from Nov 2022 - April 2023 and then the following week, it will be the 7+ night  Caribbean sailings from Nov 2022-April 2023. 

Thanks for replies, I’ll look for some details re: April 2023 in a few weeks. 

I think part of the confusion (at least for me) is Royal uses Winter 2023 to refer to the beginning of the 2023 calendar year but when I think of Winter, I think of the end of the calendar year.  I get that Jan-Feb tend to be the coldest months, but I definitely can't understand calling April Winter.  That's clearly Spring damn it!

41 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I think part of the confusion (at least for me) is Royal uses Winter 2023 to refer to the beginning of the 2023 calendar year but when I think of Winter, I think of the end of the calendar year.  I get that Jan-Feb tend to be the coldest months, but I definitely can't understand calling April Winter.  That's clearly Spring damn it!

I agree.  When I first became a cruise nut, I was really confused by that too.

Personally, I'm hoping the trend is for great success for Grandeur going out of Barbados .... I know, just by her shear age, her days are numbered, but I'm hoping to have another chance to go on her fall/winter 2022 (plus, I wonder where she'll be Summer of '22) --- that could be a factor.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I stumbled on an old RC "Deployment Summary Guide" that includes April in "Spring".  But for this schedule release, April would be included as part of "Winter"?  Yeah I don't get it.

8 minutes ago, GregD said:

So when will the RCblog star class takeover be? I need to make sure I do this right this year!

#majorstarclasstakeover is not to be confused with RCBlog group cruise. ?

#majorstarclasstakeover was not planned.  It just happened lol.  I guess pay attention to what others post.  That's how it happened last year.  It was sort of like a domino effect.

5 minutes ago, Rfk said:

I stumbled on an old RC "Deployment Summary Guide" that includes April in "Spring".  But for this schedule release, April would be included as part of "Winter"?  Yeah I don't get it.

The exact wording differs from year to year.  Don't read too much into it.  Sometimes they call it "Winter/Spring", sometimes "Winter".  Like @Matt and I have been saying, it would be shocking to see anything past April 2023 released.

19 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The exact wording differs from year to year.  Don't read too much into it.  Sometimes they call it "Winter/Spring", sometimes "Winter".  Like @Matt and I have been saying, it would be shocking to see anything past April 2023 released.

Got it.  April 2023 happens to be the time frame we're looking at, hence my curiosity about what "Winter" really means.

On 2/2/2021 at 3:46 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Lovetocruise2002 you are the "Royal Genie" of this thread THANK YOU!!! I am so excited to book more LOL.  It is crazy because I do not even know when we can cruise again, but frankly I do not care anymore LOL.  I will just keep booking and switching until I finally can sail LOL. Looking forward to vacationing again is keeping us sane through all of this. ? 

6 minutes ago, Drewtastic86 said:

It is crazy because I do not even know when we can cruise again, but frankly I do not care anymore LOL.  I will just keep booking and switching until I finally can sail LOL. Looking forward to vacationing again is keeping us sane through all of this. ? 

Lol!!! That is exactly my thinking too! ?

On 2/2/2021 at 6:12 PM, Andy & Sheryl Unwin said:

On 2/2/2021 at 6:19 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Pretty sure that is not coming out with this release.   They will release December 2022 and December 2023 will have to wait for next year.  That has been the general trend.

Yeah, I looked yesterday...  did find a couple of cruises I liked, but will hold out till December 2023 to make it right for her

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 8:29 AM, FJ28 said:

How sad is it that we all get excited to see what the new schedule will be.  This is the only pleasure in the cruising world now. Can't wait to get back!

It’s the anticipation that keeps you going. If we did not have things to look forward to, life would suck! As soon as the new schedules come out, I start booking way in advance.