C&A status - first sailing

Does one automatically become a C&A member after your first sailing, or does one need to sign up after your first sailing? I'm wondering specifically about my kids.  We have only been on RC once and I have my C&A number, but I wasn't sure about the kids. Specifically, I'm trying to see if they will also earn double points on future applicable sailings - even if I haven't signed them up for anything. 

You receive your C&A membership upon first cruise completion. You can call and get numbers for your kids in advance of their first trip, but they won't officially have status (equal to yours) until after they cruise. The double points YOU receive will count toward their status (until they turn 18).

13 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

You receive your C&A membership upon first cruise completion. You can call and get numbers for your kids in advance of their first trip, but they won't officially have status (equal to yours) until after they cruise. The double points YOU receive will count toward their status (until they turn 18).

They have also already sailed once. So from what you're saying, I think that would mean they already officially have gold status and would earn their own double points as well and not just taking my status, right?

5 minutes ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

They have also already sailed once. So from what you're saying, I think that would mean they already officially have gold status and would earn their own double points as well and not just taking my status, right?

That's correct. Make sure you have their accounts associated with yours, just in case you sail without them. Then they can get credit for all your sailings.

If your children have sailed with Royal they should have C&A numbers.  Phone or email C&A to make sure they do.  Don't call the general Royal number, call or email the Crown and Anchor team.  

‭(800) 526-9723 or crownandanchor@rccl.com

Also make sure they are noted as your dependents if they are under 18.  Once they are established as dependents they will level up as you earn new levels even if they don't sail every time you do.  Once they turn 18 they will be frozen at whatever level you have at that point in time unless they continue to sail and earn points on their own merit that gets them to the next level.

If C&A confirms now that they have C&A numbers are are showing as gold the double points will apply to them.  That's still important for later in life once they turn 18 assuming they continue to sail because their advancement will solely be based on their individual earned points so making sure they get double now will help them down the road even if they get your level until turning 18.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

If your children have sailed with Royal they should have C&A numbers.  Phone or email C&A to make sure they do.  Don't call the general Royal number, call or email the Crown and Anchor team.  

‭(800) 526-9723 or crownandanchor@rccl.com

Also make sure they are noted as your dependents if they are under 18.  Once they are established as dependents they will level up as you earn new levels even if they don't sail every time you do.  Once they turn 18 they will be frozen at whatever level you have at that point in time unless they continue to sail and earn points on their own merit that gets them to the next level.

If C&A confirms now that they have C&A numbers are are showing as gold the double points will apply to them.  That's still important for later in life once they turn 18 assuming they continue to sail because their advancement will solely be based on their individual earned points so making sure they get double now will help them down the road even if they get your level until turning 18.  

Thanks...I sent an email to verify.