July 11 2021 with Harmony of the seas

Cile

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 7:33 AM, monctonguy said:

Well it isn't going to sail....so then the question is do you want/need 5 cancelled cruises/credits or just wait till things actually start back up..probably late 2021 or early 2022 at this point to be safe.

I'm booked on the same cruise 2 weeks later so I hope that it sails.  With more people getting the vaccine, COVID cases should continue to drop.  Less than 2 months ago the Spanish Health Minister was forecasting herd immunity by the end of the Summer.

58 minutes ago, Cathysto1 said:

What do you all think of the possibility of going June 12th-19th? This is my 4th reschedule.

Welcome to the message boards!

We just don't know.  Vaccines are a game changer but new variants introduce a potential speed bump.  

We all want to know but no one does at this point.

16 hours ago, Cathysto1 said:

What do you all think of the possibility of going June 12th-19th? This is my 4th reschedule.

I would say it will be your fifth reschedule. Not likely as most Royal cruises are cancelled officially to May. That is like the 6 or 7th time they have delayed the date. And then even if they do get the green light from the CDC,  there will be a process to start up with test cruising and protocols. 

I am not optimistic at all about my November cruise so...

We are booked on Harmony on May 9th for a 7 night Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona. Same dilemma here; do we pay our final balance next week or do we cancel the cruise under the RCI “Cruise With Confidence Program”?

This would be the 8th cruise cancellation since March 2019 and we have already transferred our previous cruise credits to the Harmony cruise.

Does anyone have any more information on if or when the May 2020 cruises are likely to be cancelled?

On 2/9/2021 at 6:07 AM, monctonguy said:

I would say it will be your fifth reschedule. Not likely as most Royal cruises are cancelled officially to May. That is like the 6 or 7th time they have delayed the date. And then even if they do get the green light from the CDC,  there will be a process to start up with test cruising and protocols. 

I am not optimistic at all about my November cruise so...

I have a cruise in May also and did pay the final payment.  I have had many cruises cancelled and keep rebooking cruises.  I want the  125% FCC for the May cruise, so will wait until they cancel.  I am sure that cruise will not sail.  Even if a couple ships start sailing in May, chances are they will not be the ship I am on.  Which ships that start sailing first is another unknown.   I expect short cruises (under 7 days) will start first.   One of my cruises this year is Sept. roundtrip out of Southampton.  That is not controlled by CDC, have to see what UK is doing then and what their restrictions are, if they sail.

It is all such a mess right now.  I keep looking at cruises, so I know which ones I want to book when I get another cancelled.  It seems to be a circle when you rebook several times.   Sure am hoping to get  at least 1 cruise this year!  I have 4 booked this year still.  Plus I want the double points this year and next year.

We have a 12-day cruise in December on the Anthem. I was hoping that would be late enough in 2021 that it would be okay but it is over 7-days so who knows. Our August Alaska cruise is in jeopardy because of the Canadian port closures now. We have been looking into land vacations instead but it is frustrating having many cruise credits from previous canceled cruises. Like Linda R said, I want the double points too! 

2 hours ago, GaryAA said:

We have a 12-day cruise in December on the Anthem. I was hoping that would be late enough in 2021 that it would be okay but it is over 7-days so who knows. Our August Alaska cruise is in jeopardy because of the Canadian port closures now. We have been looking into land vacations instead but it is frustrating having many cruise credits from previous canceled cruises. Like Linda R said, I want the double points too! 

In fairness to Canada your Alaska cruise in August is in jeopardy because of the pandemic and the CDC's orders banning cruise ships from US ports.  

It's well known that the initial restart of cruising will begin with short Florida cruises for a few months before gradually longer cruises are allowed.  At best we will be fortunate to see those short cruises during the months we know as the Alaskan cruise season.  Alaska cruises are at best in phase 3 of the cruise restart.  Seven night cruises to a remote region with no medical facilities for mass events (Alaska) isn't going to happen in 2021 and that is because of the CDC's response to the pandemic, not Canada.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

In fairness to Canada your Alaska cruise in August is in jeopardy because of the pandemic and the CDC's orders banning cruise ships from US ports.  

It's well known that the initial restart of cruising will begin with short Florida cruises for a few months before gradually longer cruises are allowed.  At best we will be fortunate to see those short cruises during the months we know as the Alaskan cruise season.  Alaska cruises are at best in phase 3 of the cruise restart.  Seven night cruises to a remote region with no medical facilities for mass events (Alaska) isn't going to happen in 2021 and that is because of the CDC's response to the pandemic, not Canada.  

Oh I didn't mean to blame Canada, it is just another factor to consider along with getting workers back to Alaska. Like you said, the initial restart will be short cruises from Florida. I'm concerned about our 12-day cruise in December from Bayonne NJ.