Double Points extended until September 2022

• Lovetocruise2002 changed the title to Double Points extended until September 2022

Nice to see..as I really want to book another cruise but  we wont while things are still way to much up in the air. I feel like by June we should have a much better idea how things are going vaccine wise and travel wise moving forward.

We are wanting to book a cruise for 2022 winter......would get us to Diamond status with double points as long as our Nov cruise still goes ahead.....fingers crossed!

5 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

.as I really want to book another cruise but  we wont while things are still way to much up in the air.

I actually thought the opposite.  With the announcement of stackable FCCs yesterday, I feel better about booking another one cause if it doesn't sail, I'll just use the FCC and dump it into the next booking.

Can you please tell me where the updated information is referenced ?

As of this moment the terms and conditions do not reflect the information that you have provided.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/terms-and-conditions/promotions

The terms and conditions still state "Double Points applies to new individual and group named bookings, and named existing bookings on all Eligible Bookings made before January 31, 2021. Double Points is available to existing Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Double Points provides Crown & Anchor Society members double Cruise Points on sailings departing on January 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022 (“Eligible Bookings”)."

I have a cruise in April, 2022l and I am very happy to see the information that you have provided.

1 hour ago, Mike.s said:

That's positive, can't say the same for the ending of L&S, disappointed as we're due to cruise in May, and can't see it happening.

I'm not sure if it applies to sailings that Royal cancels... they may still offer that option if they initiate the cancellation (fingers crossed).

I could be reading it wrong, but it sounded like Lift & Shift as part of the Cruise with Confidence program (we initiate cancellation or L&S) is ending as opposed to Royal cancelling the sailing and providing us with our options including L&S with the tighter deadline to choose.

Hopefully, someone can clarify as we are booked for Oasis (10/3/21)... we would L&S to 2022 if they cancel the sailing...

@Matt Matt, @Lovetocruise2002 Sabrina... do we know if it's retiring across the board? Thank you!  ?

I did a lift and shift last October for a new sailing Jan 2022.  Would this apply to me or anyone that did a booking last year?  Or does the double points apply to the ones that have booked since this promotion has started?  I'm sure it's in the fine print at the bottom but gets blurry when trying to zoom in on it.

Don't worry. It has literally been updated 2 minutes after I made my previous post.

Double Points applies to new, individual, and named existing bookings on all Eligible Sailings made through June 30, 2021. Double Points is available to existing Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Double Points provides Crown & Anchor Society members double Cruise Points on sailings departing on May 1, 2021 – September 30, 2022 (“Eligible Sailings”). 

41 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I think both of those news releases today means that they don't see sailings starting until Fall 2021 at the earliest.  

Agreed. The original double points was for calendar 2021 when January 2021 was considered a potential for sailing. 

12 months of double points ending September 30, 2022 means an anticipated first sailing of October 1.

11 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Agreed. The original double points was for calendar 2021 when January 2021 was considered a potential for sailing. 

12 months of double points ending September 30, 2022 means an anticipated first sailing of October 1.

Agreed. But first sailing for who? Short 3-4 days to CocoCay from Florida? I'm pretty sure my 7 day from Galveston at the end of October is going to be toast. 

18 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

Agreed. But first sailing for who? Short 3-4 days to CocoCay from Florida? I'm pretty sure my 7 day from Galveston at the end of October is going to be toast. 

If I had to bet, I would place my bets on the short sailings out of Florida.

59 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Hopefully, someone can clarify as we are booked for Oasis (10/3/21)... we would L&S to 2022 if they cancel the sailing...

@Matt Matt, @Lovetocruise2002 Sabrina... do we know if it's retiring across the board? Thank you!  ?

According to @Matt's blog post, it is ending.  Zero mention of exceptions.  However, based on the exception they made for cancelled Quantum Alaska sailings, it's anyone's guess what exceptions they might make for future cancelled sailings that are cancelled by Royal.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/01/26/royal-caribbean-extends-cruise-confidence-program-will-end-lift-shift

55 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If I had to bet, I would place my bets on the short sailings out of Florida.

I hope so...although mine is a 5 day out of Tampa....i thought about only booking a 4 day or under at the time but the deal was too good on the 5 day...hope it doesn't come back to bite me!

3 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Nice to see..as I really want to book another cruise but  we wont while things are still way to much up in the air. I feel like by June we should have a much better idea how things are going vaccine wise and travel wise moving forward.

We are wanting to book a cruise for 2022 winter......would get us to Diamond status with double points as long as our Nov cruise still goes ahead.....fingers crossed!

I might actually get to Pinnacle status next year with the extending of double point thru Sept. 2022  Yeah!

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I think both of those news releases today means that they don't see sailings starting until Fall 2021 at the earliest.  

I think you are correct.  I think anyone holding out hope cruising will resume either this spring or summer should prepare themselves for the possibility their cruise will be canceled.  The CDC still hasn't given the cruise industry a road map for a safe return and now with the new administration in Washington D.C. and a new CDC director it may be months before the CDC gives the cruise industry direction conducting test cruises and ultimately a return to cruising.  As much as I don't want to say this I honestly do not believe the cruise industry or the resumption of cruising from US ports is a top priority for the CDC especially under the new administration. 

I like this because I can keep watching the pricing on those FotS sailings to Bermuda in October and see about making a last-minute booking if (a) my wife and I both get vaccinated by June; (b) Bermuda opens up to cruises again (right now land vacations only), maybe with proof of vaccination; and (c) the pricing gets down to realistic levels instead of the astronomical numbers I've been seeing since those sailings first came out.

Seriously, who is willing to pay nearly $4,000 for a 5-night sailing in a regular "hump" balcony cabin?? I know there will be reduced capacity and other factors making that sailing much less profitable, but that pricing is nearly triple what I paid for my last cruise to Bermuda on Anthem in a 2D balcony. Getting double points sure doesn't make that kind of price gouging worth it for me, hopefully not many others are finding it palatable and Royal will bring that price down to more-realistic levels by June.

7 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

My understanding is that it applies to anything booked before June 30, 2021, provided that you have already sailed one cruise with Royal (are a Gold member).

I read  about the double points, and it does say that you get double points thru Sept. 2022 for "bookings booked now thru June 2021".  If so, I am disappointed.  As was hoping my  cruises in suites next year would get double points.  And I would be pinnacle. I am just not so sure about the wording so have contacted my TA to confirm.

8 hours ago, R.J. said:

As of this moment the terms and conditions do not reflect the information that you have provided.

The terms and conditions still state "Double Points applies to new individual and group named bookings, and named existing bookings on all Eligible Bookings made before January 31, 2021. Double Points is available to existing Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Double Points provides Crown & Anchor Society members double Cruise Points on sailings departing on January 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022 (“Eligible Bookings”)."

I have a cruise in April, 2022l and I am very happy to see the information that you have provided.

That is interesting as I read on RC site that the double points for 2022 were for bookings made from today thru June.  Not existing.  I thought that was so they could get more new bookings.  But I read your attachment and am confused?  I texted my TA to clarify.  I hope you are correct!!!!!

Ummmm.....I don’t mean to step on everyone’s buzz but consider the following situation:

A couple has at sometime in their lifetime been on a Royal Caribbean cruise. (Perhaps as little as a 3 nighter to Nassau out of Miami)

This same couple goes on (3) 7 night cruises in a Jr Suite between now and Sept ‘22......

SHAZAAM!  They are Diamond.

?Anyone else upset about this??

14 minutes ago, bobroo said:

Ummmm.....I don’t mean to step on everyone’s buzz but consider the following situation:

A couple has at sometime in their lifetime been on a Royal Caribbean cruise. (Perhaps as little as a 3 nighter to Nassau out of Miami)

This same couple goes on (3) 7 night cruises in a Jr Suite between now and Sept ‘22......

I am currently Diamond Plus, and it took me forever to get there.  No, not happy it is made easier now.  But on the other hand, I will be Pinnacle within next  1 1/2 years .  That wouldn't have been possible without the double points.  So, I have mixed feelings.  Overall, I like I am in favor of the double points.  

8 hours ago, R.J. said:

what qualifies as "eligible bookings"?  Do you happen to know

27 minutes ago, Linda R said:

what qualifies as "eligible bookings"?  Do you happen to know

See @Matt’s explanation here. Keep in mind, this is an extension of what was before, and that is all previous bookings and now through June 30, 2021. They are not going to go back on their previous offer, just an extension of it. 
https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/01/26/royal-caribbean-extends-double-point-offer-through-september-2022

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

See @Matt’s explanation here. Keep in mind, this is an extension of what was before, and that is all previous bookings and now through June 30, 2021. They are not going to go back on their previous offer, just an extension of it. 
https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/01/26/royal-caribbean-extends-double-point-offer-through-september-2022

When it read "bookings from now til June 30th" it seemed to mean new bookings only.     If it includes already booked cruises next year I am very happy!  Thank you

I asked my TA to check it out for me too.  Just to make sure.

12 hours ago, bobroo said:

Not at all.

How does someone else reaching Diamond faster than you bother you? Someone else getting to Diamond has no material impact on my experience. 

I wish I could have moved up faster when I was Gold or Emerald.

Becoming Diamond isn't a matter of "paying your dues". It's a glorified customer loyalty program, no different than hotels or car rental companies.

We should be excited to welcome people into the world of cruising and embrace those that choose to sail often enough to make it to Diamond. 

Literally, the more the merrier.

15 hours ago, bobroo said:

Nope, not upset in any form.  I've never subscribed to the belief that the door to the Diamond Lounge should be slammed shut for new members once I achieved that level.

The C&A program has had multipliers established for a long time.  Those include double points for suites, double points for solo, triple for solo in a suite.  These benefit different people to varying degrees.  

People who sail in suites have long been able to climb faster compared to folks who don't sail in a suite. 

An existing guest with just 3 points could sail in a suite three times to get to Diamond in which case Royal has benefited from someone booking 3 cruises in suites.  That's the point.  For someone who has only ever cruised once on a 3 night sailing to suddenly book 3 seven night cruises in suites is a great accomplishment for Royal that will help them survive this situation.  

These are unprecedented times and bookings are way off where they would have been if the pandemic never happened.  Royal needs people to book cruises but the consumer market for such people has shrunk considerably.  The type of people booking cruises right now are more likely to be existing guests but that doesn't mean they are booking at the same level that they would have occurred without a pandemic.  

Most returning guests who were approaching Diamond would have been there by now if the pandemic didn't happen.  For most cruisers this promo will get that back to where they would have been.  Sure, some will be able to move beyond where they would have been but I really don't see that applying to the majority. 

At the end of the day anything that helps Royal survive is good for me.   The alternative would really suck.  Plus it really doesn't impact me so bring it on.  Book people, book.   

On 1/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, Mike.s said:

That's positive, can't say the same for the ending of L&S, disappointed as we're due to cruise in May, and can't see it happening.

Phew!

Matt posted this today... Royal is not ending Lift & Shift as an option when they cancel the cruise... just not an option for Cruise with Confidence program.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/01/27/royal-caribbean-will-still-offer-lift-shift-if-there-are-more-cancelled-cruises

• 2 weeks later...

We see the double points as a positive and a thank you from Royal for cruising. We feel that the customer loyalty program from Royal is the best of all the majors and by offering double points, it will allow Royal to build a more loyal base of cruisers which will ultimately benefit all of us with newer ships, more on board experiences and new itineraries. We are Diamond Plus and Pinnacle is so far off, but the double points will get us closer to our goal and will keep us loyal to Royal. We are a bit upset that L&S ended, we had an amazing price on a Grand Loft Suite (about a third of the normal cost) on the Quantum for a 10 night around Japan which cancelled in early February. This would have been our first Star class and we were so pumped as it was soooo cheap and great itinerary. Such is life, and now looking forward to our next adventure, fingers and legs crossed it will be really soon.