Certified Scuba Dive Without Equipment Perfect Day at CocoCay

DublinFC

Hello, 

Reaching out to those who might have done this activity at PDCC.  I just saw this is available for our sailing later this year.  Do we need to have SCUBA certification to do this?  My wife and I have never SCUBAed (doubt that's a word), but this sounds like an activity we would enjoy.  

TIA

2 hours ago, DublinFC said:

Hello, 

Reaching out to those who might have done this activity at PDCC.  I just saw this is available for our sailing later this year.  Do we need to have SCUBA certification to do this?  My wife and I have never SCUBAed (doubt that's a word), but this sounds like an activity we would enjoy.  

TIA

If this is the excursion that I am recalling, this does require you to be certified.  I believe it just means that the excursion does not provide equipment - they would expect you to have your own equipment.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the dive at CoCo Cay also a single tank dive?  If so I wonder if I can take my own cylinders as well.  My 119's would be a lot more fun than a little AL80... I usually get two dives off my single cylinder compared to the AL80 divers... The things are just so dang HEAVY out of the water.

If you are thinking about diving though I would just say go do it.  You can get the Open Water certification for around 300 to 350 a lot of places in the US and it opens a whole new area to explore.  Before long you will be wanting to go to AOW so you can get below 100 feet and then Rescue so you can save the newbies from themselves.  I met up with Adventures with Purpose and pulled some cars out of the Missouri River in October and often do lake dives and pull trash out of the water.