Travel ban into the USA from UK, South Africa, Brazil and European countries

Big news for some folks here, the travel ban has been reinstated, and now includes South Africa (where I live). See article here.

Our trip is planned for September this year, two weeks in Orlando and then one week on the Allure, but of course we will need to move it out if we can't fly to USA at all (my heart would break!) I don't see a date to indicate the travel ban lift at this stage.

Here in the UK looks like we are about to introduce a mandatory 2 week quarantine on arrival in the UK, effectively killing off any sort of overseas holiday.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-travel-industry-expects-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-to-be-introduced-imminently-12198896

Think the chance of cruising in 2021 is looking less likely by the minute

10 hours ago, Mike.s said:

Here in the UK looks like we are about to introduce a mandatory 2 week quarantine on arrival in the UK, effectively killing off any sort of overseas holiday.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-travel-industry-expects-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-to-be-introduced-imminently-12198896

Think the chance of cruising in 2021 is looking less likely by the minute

Yip 2 weeks in a hotel at your own expense on arriving in UK........should have done this months ago!!!!!

Our son and granddaughter live in the UK, while Sheryl and I live in Florida. We do not have any idea when we will be able to see them again. The last time I got me a "Squish" was December 2019 when I was over on business and took a side trip. For Sheryl its been even longer.

We had planned a couple of trips across the pond in 2020 but obviously those were a no go.  Skype chat only goes so far eh. But I would much rather make sure they were safe and have the travel restriction than take a risk

On 1/26/2021 at 1:25 AM, KirstenCapeTown said:

Big news for some folks here, the travel ban has been reinstated, and now includes South Africa (where I live). See article here.

Our trip is planned for September this year, two weeks in Orlando and then one week on the Allure, but of course we will need to move it out if we can't fly to USA at all (my heart would break!) I don't see a date to indicate the travel ban lift at this stage.

I'll rent you my Namibian passport if that helps ?

Well, so much for the travel ban from South Africa and Brazil. Both variants are in the US now -- The Brazil variant has been found in Minnesota, and the South Africa variant was found in two patients in South Carolina today. Neither of those South Carolinians have traveled outside the state, never mind the country. ? 

On Thursday, South Carolina officials disclosed the first two cases in the United States involving the B. 1.351 variant, and the patients’ lack of travel or connection to one another suggests the variant is spreading in the community after an undetected introduction.