Double Cancellation question

I have been following on this forum for awhile and this is my first post. We had a cruise cancelled last June 2020 and received the 125 % fcc for the cruise and 125 % for the cruise planner credits. We rescheduled the cruise for May of 2021. I’m thinking this will be cancelled as well. The question is if they cancel will be get another 125%? We still owe 1300.00 and final payment for that is on February 8, 2021. We also considered doing a lift and shift for May of 2022. Any help would be appreciated. 
Thanks

43 minutes ago, SymphonyNoob said:

I have been following on this forum for awhile and this is my first post. We had a cruise cancelled last June 2020 and received the 125 % fcc for the cruise and 125 % for the cruise planner credits. We rescheduled the cruise for May of 2021. I’m thinking this will be cancelled as well. The question is if they cancel will be get another 125%? We still owe 1300.00 and final payment for that is on February 8, 2021. We also considered doing a lift and shift for May of 2022. Any help would be appreciated. 
Thanks

You will get ONE credit per cancellation. Not two. To clarify, make sure that your credits are combined into one.

If you applied a FCC and the cruise gets cancelled...

1. The original FCC you got from June 2020 will be reissued to you
  2. Any money you paid on top of that FCC will qualify for a new FCC or refund.

If you take a FCC, be sure to ask your travel agent to combine the old and new FCC into one.  You can only do that when a cruise is cancelled https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/06/26/you-can-combine-future-cruise-credits-instead-of-separately-being-reissued

Thank you both for your quick responses. That definitely helps. It sound like we can wait til royal cancels and then get the 2 fcc and have them combined into one. We also discussed doing the lift and shift before royal cancels the cruise. Would there be any downside to doing the lift and shift to 2022?

1 hour ago, SymphonyNoob said:

Thank you both for your quick responses. That definitely helps. It sound like we can wait til royal cancels and then get the 2 fcc and have them combined into one. We also discussed doing the lift and shift before royal cancels the cruise. Would there be any downside to doing the lift and shift to 2022?

I don't see any down side to L&S'ing your cruise into 2022....just be aware that they are only allowing "optional" L&S through 4-30-22.  The latest rule for L&S seems to be that you can only L&S your cruise past 4-30-22 if Royal cancels.  IOW I'm not sure they would allow you to optionally L&S your cruise past April.  If you make final payment and Royal then cancels your cruise, I believe they will allow you to L&S past May 1 but they are now only allowing 1 week on either side of your original sail date vs the 4 weeks that they previously allowed.  They are definitely tightening up the L&S rules.

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I don't see any down side to L&S'ing your cruise into 2022....just be aware that they are only allowing "optional" L&S through 4-30-22.  The latest rule for L&S seems to be that you can only L&S your cruise past 4-30-22 if Royal cancels.  IOW I'm not sure they would allow you to optionally L&S your cruise past April.  If you make final payment and Royal then cancels your cruise, I believe they will allow you to L&S past May 1 but they are now only allowing 1 week on either side of your original sail date vs the 4 weeks that they previously allowed.  They are definitely tightening up the L&S rules.

Thank you for explaining that. I didn’t realize they tightened the time frame for the lift and shift. We have been exploring our options. We are currently on the Symphony May 8 cruise out of Miami and we don’t think it will sail. We also still owe 1300 or 1400 that will be due in February.  Also we are not sure when Royal will make the cancellation before or after final payment for us. 

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I cannot speak for everyone who might shift 2021 to 2022 but the cost alone for my Sep 21 sailing vs Sep 22 is about $2200 more last time I looked. The 25% extra if they cancel doesn't cover the difference in price, I'll be L&S for sure. Back in June of 2020 I shifted my December 2020 cruise to September 2021 and cancelled my September 2020 cruise. A few days later I upgraded the shifted Jr. Suite to a Grand Suite, decent price I thought at about $4400. (That's how loose the rules were -- or my agent that good -- either way :)). 

5 hours ago, SymphonyNoob said:

Thank you for explaining that. I didn’t realize they tightened the time frame for the lift and shift. We have been exploring our options. We are currently on the Symphony May 8 cruise out of Miami and we don’t think it will sail. We also still owe 1300 or 1400 that will be due in February.  Also we are not sure when Royal will make the cancellation before or after final payment for us. 

Depends when in February. Price out next May's cruise and see if it's that different in price, maybe like me, a L&S would be the obvious choice. Of course if you want to go in May if it sails, you're committed to paying anyway. I have until July before payment and if things are still this vague in July, oy vey!

14 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

I cannot speak for everyone who might shift 2021 to 2022 but the cost alone for my Sep 21 sailing vs Sep 22 is about $2200 more last time I looked. The 25% extra if they cancel doesn't cover the difference in price, I'll be L&S for sure. Back in June of 2020 I shifted my December 2020 cruise to September 2021 and cancelled my September 2020 cruise. A few days later I upgraded the shifted Jr. Suite to a Grand Suite, decent price I thought at about $4400. (That's how loose the rules were -- or my agent that good -- either way :)). 

Depends when in February. Price out next May's cruise and see if it's that different in price, maybe like me, a L&S would be the obvious choice. Of course if you want to go in May if it sails, you're committed to paying anyway. I have until July before payment and if things are still this vague in July, oy vey!

Thank you for that information. We are looking at future dates that will be available for us to lift and shift to 2022. Thanks for everyone’s help. I will update once we decide.