FCC Question

Chmusar

Our cruise was cancelled which was due to sail in April ( including flights and 3 night hotel stay) , The Travel Agent rang to see what i wanted to do i.e. full refund , keep monied paid and put towards another cruise.

I asked about RCCL FCC and as they(TA) had only paid a deposit £300 for cruise portion of trip ( even though I had paid in full a week before cancelation)that would be all I would be entitled to , is this normal as not been in this situation before.

Thanks

I've heard people have this problem with TAs before.  I think this is a very shady business practice.  Unfortunately, RCL will only give you FCC based on what they received.  The fact that the TA pocketed your money is not their problem.  Personally I'd take my money back for that sailing and never book with them again.  Find a travel agent who immediately pays Royal what you pay them and doesn't just hold onto your money.

9 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I've heard people have this problem with TAs before.  I think this is a very shady business practice.  Unfortunately, RCL will only give you FCC based on what they received.  The fact that the TA pocketed your money is not their problem.  Personally I'd take my money back for that sailing and never book with them again.  Find a travel agent who immediately pays Royal what you pay them and doesn't just hold onto your money.

thanks for your reply , I have already asked for full refund and been told will be paid within 120 days ? 

7 hours ago, Chmusar said:

thanks for your reply , I have already asked for full refund and been told will be paid within 120 days ? 

Depending on when you paid, if you used a credit card, I'd give them a call and see what they have to say about the 120 day refund.  The credit card company might take the money out of their account and back to you much faster.

3 hours ago, Sharla said:

You want to look for a travel agency who does not charge your credit card, but does all payments through the supplier such as Royal Caribbean. So when I charge a client's card, it shows up as a Royal Caribbean charge. 

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Thanks for your reply , it was a good price and a large travel agency here in the UK , but you live and learn ?

On 1/26/2021 at 1:47 PM, Bazza said:

Hi @Chmusar who did you use here in UK? 

Keen to know who it was, I've booked a cruise through one of the big UK cruise travel agents and they took a very large deposit, get the feeling they did the same. It's an NCL cruise in July so is likely to get cancelled, I won't be using them again.

The company had (pre-covid) a weekly show on one of the shopping channels, was it them (or their parent company) by chance?

1 hour ago, Mike.s said:

Keen to know who it was, I've booked a cruise through one of the big UK cruise travel agents and they took a very large deposit, get the feeling they did the same. It's an NCL cruise in July so is likely to get cancelled, I won't be using them again.

The company had (pre-covid) a weekly show on one of the shopping channels, was it them (or their parent company) by chance?

PM'd you