Travel Snorkel Fins?

stevendom57

My wife and I like a little snorkeling, especially when we go to places like Cococay. We are trying to learn to travel light. What suggestions do y'all have for relatively small, packable travel fins? Using borrowed stuff, especially with the virus, is pretty nasty and I would like to bring my own.

Steven

1 hour ago, stevendom57 said:

My wife and I like a little snorkeling, especially when we go to places like Cococay. We are trying to learn to travel light. What suggestions do y'all have for relatively small, packable travel fins? Using borrowed stuff, especially with the virus, is pretty nasty and I would like to bring my own.

Steven

I used to think the same way about fins.  My brother said, you're in the Caribbean.  There's no current to speak of.  Just bring your mask and snorkel.  You don't need fins.  He was right.  I haven't traveled with fins for 20 years.

I still prefer having something just to be a little faster in the water.  I went with these $20 travel fins from Amazon:

364063249_TravelFinsAmazon.thumb.jpg.e8107afa0fddabf09023ba7c7c1dd4ab.jpg

I'd never use them for actual scuba diving but for places like CocoCay they are perfect.  For me they make a big difference compared to barefoot and if I do have to walk over small rocks they protect my feet.