C&A Loyalty Perks (drinks) on Quantum Class

Jim S

I have heard that on the sailings on Quantum class ships from China and the Far East, the free evening drinks in the Diamond and Concierge Lounges are now issued against your sea pass and that D members receive 4 free drinks per day and D+ members receive 5 drinks per day. I have also heard that the free drinks have a value limit ($12?) and are available ALL DAY and not limited to between the hours of 5:00pm and 8:00pm.

Is this a wind-up or is it for real?  If true I think that this would work well and ease the congestion in the lounges each evening.

This appears to be how it has been implemented for Singapore but that doesn't mean it's coming to other regions, we just don't know.  They may be gauging reaction or the cost of this approach may work in Asia with different C&A numbers in play but the cost math might not work in other regions with higher numbers of top elite members.  

For America the CDC cruise ban could last until keeping the DL closed isn't a requirement any longer once the risk is much lower.  That may or not apply to other regions.  Three months is such a long time in the life cycle of pandemic decision making it wouldn't be wise to draw conclusions from what is taking place in Singapore today.    

I would very much to be able to get my allotted free drinks any time of the day.  Seems there is lines everywhere, in regular bars not just diamond lounge, waiting for  4:30 to arrive and get free drinks.

It would not cost the cruise line any more money to offer drinks all the time, or  at least a larger window.  

6 hours ago, Linda R said:

I would very much to be able to get my allotted free drinks any time of the day.  Seems there is lines everywhere, in regular bars not just diamond lounge, waiting for  4:30 to arrive and get free drinks.

It would not cost the cruise line any more money to offer drinks all the time, or  at least a larger window.  

Agreed.  However long term, like when it's closer to normal in the future, if they let people use their "coupons" at any time of day I think many will use them before the DL opens and then they'll rush to the DL at 4:30pm for open bar happy hour drinks since they've used their free coupons already.   

The switch to "my time" coupons, if permanent, would need to come with removing bars from the DL, or removing DL's entirely.  Otherwise people will use their drinks during the day, become emboldened by a few drinks and then the crowding of the DLs at happy hour becomes worse, not better.  I'm not sure Diamonds and higher will be happy if the DL's no longer offer open bars during happy hour once things have returned to normal.  At the same time if Royal takes away "my time" drinks at that future nominal point,  guests won't like that either.  It's a no-win situation for them.  

My understanding is that RCI would issue drinks against your seapass in the DL as well as in the bars. That would restrict the number of drinks to the allocated number no matter where they are taken on the ship. You would need to pay for any additional drinks.

I recall hearing some time ago that RCI were considering issuing drinks against each seapass in the DL as a pilot to analyse the amount and value of drinks being given out.

26 minutes ago, Jim S said:

My understanding is that RCI would issue drinks against your seapass in the DL as well as in the bars. That would restrict the number of drinks to the allocated number no matter where they are taken on the ship. You would need to pay for any additional drinks.

I recall hearing some time ago that RCI were considering issuing drinks against each seapass in the DL as a pilot to analyse the amount and value of drinks being given out.

That was done on a trial basis and it did not go over well.  There was significant feedback.  

What works in one region might not impact other.

Took two cruise at that region (one from HK one from Chania) alcohol consuming was significant lower comparing to other cruises , during the cruise from Chania the barman were very bored. Alcohol package were buy one get one free (around 600 for two). There are many people that if they will get 5 free drinks (of any type not just the current ones that are being offers) will  just not buy the the UDP ...   

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Agreed.  However long term, like when it's closer to normal in the future, if they let people use their "coupons" at any time of day I think many will use them before the DL opens and then they'll rush to the DL at 4:30pm for open bar happy hour drinks since they've used their free coupons already.   

The switch to "my time" coupons, if permanent, would need to come with removing bars from the DL, or removing DL's entirely.  Otherwise people will use their drinks during the day, become emboldened by a few drinks and then the crowding of the DLs at happy hour becomes worse, not better.  I'm not sure Diamonds and higher will be happy if the DL's no longer offer open bars during happy hour once things have returned to normal.  At the same time if Royal takes away "my time" drinks at that future nominal point,  guests won't like that either.  It's a no-win situation for them.  

Thanks for your response.  Yes, it seems to be a no win situation

9 hours ago, twangster said:

I only drink 1 drink a day, maybe 2.  So this rushing to get a drink at 4:30 really doesn't affect me.  Sometimes I get just water or coke or something.  And my husband does now drink at all.  But we do like socializing in Diamond lounge or Suite lounge.  And the appetizers.   Thanks for your thoughts.   We will see what happens.

8 hours ago, Jim S said:

I only have 2 drink a day, maybe 2.  And my husband does not drink at all.  We ususally just get water or diet coke, or a fruit drink with no liquor.  So really I don't care how many drinks we get get on seapass card.  That is why I would prefer it during day more than evening sometimes.   But the normal cruise passenger drinks a lot more.

Thanks for your thoughts.

4 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I only have 2 drink a day, maybe 2.  And my husband does not drink at all.  We ususally just get water or diet coke, or a fruit drink with no liquor.  So really I don't care how many drinks we get get on seapass card.  That is why I would prefer it during day more than evening sometimes.   But the normal cruise passenger drinks a lot more.

4 minutes ago, Linda R said:

That's 1 drink a day

On 1/24/2021 at 7:27 AM, Matt said:

Details on the change for Quantum: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/01/08/spotted-royal-caribbean-changes-complimentary-drinks-offering-quantum-of-the-seas

It is unclear if this change will go beyond Singapore cruises.

Yes.  We will just wait and see what happens.   Personally I only have one drink a day with liquor.  And my husband does not drink.  So, we usually get water, coke, or fruity drink, with no alcohol.   That is why we would prefer allotted drinks during the day.  But I am happy no matter how they decide to do it and just want to go on a cruise!  

Thanks for your comments