Complimentary Gratuities

Can I just clarify as I’m getting a little confused. 

One benefit of Star class is complimentary gratuities. Is this different from the normal pre paid gratuitues that I would put on any other cabin?

Doing a couple of mock bookings for a star class suite and the pre paid gratuities are automatically tagged on. Do you still pay the pre paid gratuities with the star class perk or is it a glitch with the RCL site 

47 minutes ago, GregD said:

I know for the star class sailings that I have booked, the gratuities are added on the invoice, then subtracted on another line labelled star class savings. Sometimes this does get missed and a phone call to get it corrected is needed.

That’s good to know. Thank you

43 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It is the regular suite gratuity that is included with star class. If it gets added onto your invoice at booking, they can take it off. It is very important to note that the gratuity for the Genie is not included with the normal gratuities that are taken off. 

Gotcha. Basically whatever gratuities I would want to give to the Genie will be given directly to them, correct?

28 minutes ago, LogicallyLazy said:

Unrelated to gratuities, but I’ve seen that certain up charges are waived for star class. (E.g. seafood tower at chops). Is this true? 

Yes.  The upcharges that are not included with Star is the wine pairing at Chef's table and any other premium liquors and wine that are not included in the Deluxe beverage package and that might be it....How bad is it that it has been so long I cannot remember? lol

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes.  The upcharges that are not included with Star is the wine pairing at Chef's table and any other premium liquors and wine that are not included in the Deluxe beverage package and that might be it....How bad is it that it has been so long I cannot remember? lol

I'm pretty sure you got it all.  The only "food" that isn't included for SC are the pastries at Starbuck's.  SC even includes popcorn at the theaters.  All of the upcharge items at Chops are included and you can order anything you want at Izumi Hibachi like sushi, lobster, etc. at no additional charge. It's very hit-or-miss with the additional charges for liquor.  MOST of them time we are never charged anything additional if our wine or drink is above the DBP threshold but every once in a while we are.  One notable time was when we (unknowingly) ordered some extravagantly-priced wine.  I can't even remember what it was...  They have been (in the past, anyway) pretty lax about upcharging for SC pax.

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Good point.  But I think OP is sailing Quantum so snacks a La Patisserie would be included for Star.

You would be correct. Haha. Finally bit the bullet and simply upgraded to star instead of waiting for a slim possibility of getting an upgrade to star. I plan to eat way more than is considered necessary.

24 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I'm pretty sure you got it all.  The only "food" that isn't included for SC are the pastries at Starbuck's.  SC even includes popcorn at the theaters.  All of the upcharge items at Chops are included and you can order anything you want at Izumi Hibachi like sushi, lobster, etc. at no additional charge. It's very hit-or-miss with the additional charges for liquor.  MOST of them time we are never charged anything additional if our wine or drink is above the DBP threshold but every once in a while we are.  One notable time was when we (unknowingly) ordered some extravagantly-priced wine.  I can't even remember what it was...  They have been (in the past, anyway) pretty lax about upcharging for SC pax.

That's good to know. My dad loves seafood so I was wondering if we could get the seafood tower without additional charges. As for alcohol, my family doesn't partake so it's not really a big deal. P.S. I know its a waste to have DBP and not drink but we got the refreshment package anyway, and adding all the additional stuff, the amount for the upgrade was a no brainer