Quantum still sailing in April?

mrfri

Apparently, Quantum and Spectrum are the only ships cruising.   I am booked for the Quantum sailing from Tokyo in April.  ONly problem is that Tokyo visitors are required to quarantine 14 days when they arrive in country, from U.S.    Not sure how Royal is going to to make this work.   Shouldn't they cancel cruises for anyone flying in to Japan?  If we arrive, will the Japan gov't even allow us on a cruise ship?  RCC customer service wasn't very helpful or sure about the rules either.   

Just wondering how they are still selling cruises that people might not be able to get on.   China is not even issuing new visas.  I  think Royal might be @!#ing a lot of people.

Royal isn't responsible for the entrance requirements for their customers to get to the embarkation port.  Fortunately Royal has made the cancellation policies available to where you can cancel for credit towards a future cruise if you feel you can't meet the requirements for entry to Japan as a US citizen.  

I had a number of cruises booked that would have embarked in distant countries, 2020 and 2021 were going to be big years for me getting to bucket list cruise destination in several regions beyond North America.  When the pandemic hit I was on a cruise to Europe and suddenly found myself scrambling to get home due to travel restrictions that were announced with little lead time to implementation.   It cost me $2,500 for a last minute flight to get home in coach!

I learned the hard way that traveling internationally is too risky right now as countries and governments can implement new restrictions and policies with no notice.  Consequently I moved or cancelled all my sailings that were international.

Royal has programs like Lift and Shift that help towards this end and they have been easy to work with beyond Lift and Shift, or at least my travel agent made it easy for me get all my stuff moved into the future or cancelled.  

Royal isn't responsible to get me into another country to board a ship.  If a country makes a change that negates me from being able to enter that country that isn't on Royal, that's on me for no longer being eligible to enter that country even if it's a public health issue like the pandemic.  That's why I made the decision to postpone international cruises for now.  Maybe in 2023 or 2024 I will be able to travel freely to most international destinations like I could pre-pandemic.  Until then I'm cruising, or hope to be cruising close to home.

On 1/21/2021 at 2:17 AM, mrfri said:

Apparently, Quantum and Spectrum are the only ships cruising.   I am booked for the Quantum sailing from Tokyo in April.  ONly problem is that Tokyo visitors are required to quarantine 14 days when they arrive in country, from U.S.    Not sure how Royal is going to to make this work.   Shouldn't they cancel cruises for anyone flying in to Japan?  If we arrive, will the Japan gov't even allow us on a cruise ship?  RCC customer service wasn't very helpful or sure about the rules either.   

Just wondering how they are still selling cruises that people might not be able to get on.   China is not even issuing new visas.  I  think Royal might be @!#ing a lot of people.

I was booked on the same cruise from Tokyo April 15th. My travel agent informed me two days ago that the cruise was cancelled. No surprise considering the 14 day quarantine requirement. RCL didn't belive in the cruise them self because even with just 80 days to go there were no excursions to book and no online check-in. You can normaly check in 90 days before your sail date.

I'm sad because I had a JR-suite that would have earned me 40 C&A points for the 10 day cruise.