Changed from HOTS to Odyssey Jan 2022

HeatherP

To add onto what @Matt said, the Holiday Inn Express right next door to Embassy (also on 17th Street) is fine for a one night stay.  They recently renovated so while it's still a Holiday Inn (nothing fancy), it's more fresh looking than Embassy.  Hyatt Place on 17th street is also right next to these two properties.  It's all suites, so if you have a larger group, this might work better.  It's comparable to the Embassy and Holiday Inn.  We also really like Renaissance on 17th Street.  The downside is that they don't have complimentary breakfast which the other ones do.  But it is actually closer to the port than the other 3 (even though none are really that far).  

I like the Renaissance if it's just Hubby and I but with the kids, I usually pick Holiday Inn Express or Hyatt Place.

1 hour ago, Sharla said:

Are you just looking for a place to sleep or do you want to be on the beach? Plenty of options both ways.

Great point! 

@HeatherPNone of those places on 17th Street are beach places.  But they are super close to the port and have restaurants and Publix/Walgreens within walking distance.  

9 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

In 2022 the Omni will be ready @ the new convention center and provide another option for 17th Street corridor. I can assist if you have any questions about the area. 

07532DF5-7CA2-4438-A359-ACEA11D8C638.jpeg

I love it!  Where about on 17th Street will it be?  If it's not close to La Bamba, then it's a deal breaker. ?