Just sailed Empress

Have they fixed all the issues people complained ajout? I.e., no a/c, bad plumbing, bars closed, ice cream machine broken, bad food. We are sailing on 23 July and we are a bit concerned.

You must have the Empress confused with a Carnival ship. ;)

In all seriousness, I have enjoyed my recent Carnival cruises and suspect that Royal will be attending to these issues if they haven't already.  It's been rough for Empress and hasn't shown Royal in the best light.

You must have the Empress confused with a Carnival ship. ;)

In all seriousness, I have enjoyed my recent Carnival cruises and suspect that Royal will be attending to these issues if they haven't already.  It's been rough for Empress and hasn't shown Royal in the best light.

I think not: 

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=1103

I am still looking forward to sailing on this ship next week. It seems that they have their act together now...Hopefully.

I think not: 

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=1103

I am still looking forward to sailing on this ship next week. It seems that they have their act together now...Hopefully.

CC reviews are not gospel.  Have you ever been to a CC MM on a ship? Average age is about 72.  

You can find negative reviews on CC about every Royal Caribbean ship.  I will still take a cruise on Empress over a day at work!

CC reviews are not gospel.  Have you ever been to a CC MM on a ship? Average age is about 72.  

You can find negative reviews on CC about every Royal Caribbean ship.  I will still take a cruise on Empress over a day at work!

I agree you can get negative posts about everything. Some people would complain that the bag with a million dollars you just gave them was too heavy.  When I look at reviews I go to the negatives first. I filter through the crying and whining and look for common denominators in the negatives. Empress had quite a few complaints that were common across the board and some whining. I am relieved that the recent reports have been mostly positive and they seem have addressed all the negative issues and I am looking forward to sailing on Empress.  

I agree 100% with the last sentence of your post; a cruise will always beat work.