Future Cruise Credit

Marsha M

I have never ever received an FCC directly.  Like @Dad2Cue, I have no idea what it says or looks like.  All of mine have always gone directly to my TA with nothing coming to me.    It’s not a problem for me though.  She always handles placing them on a new booking anyway.  I really have no idea how many I have or how much they are worth.  I have a general idea of what I have floating around.  Thank goodness I have @michelleto track it all for me.

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have never ever received an FCC directly.

That is really strange.  The only times I did not receive the FCC directly is when my TA (the one who I no longer use for many reasons) did not enter the correct email on the original reservation.  And I know this because when I called asking where my FCC was, they said they sent it and I asked them to confirm the email address and both times it was the wrong one.  All other times, the FCC has come straight to me. 

The email comes from "Royal Caribbean International" and it is titled "Here's Your Future Cruise Credit".

I have a big problem with emails from Royal Caribbean.  They almost always go directly to my trash can.  On the rare occasion that I book directly with Royal (as I did recently with the 14 night Grandeur cruise) I always have to go and dig the confirmation out of the trash.  So even if the FCCs DID come to me, I would probably never see them anyway.

I am truly in awe of those of you who juggle multiple FCCs.  I am certain you all attended Hogwarts.  You are all wizards.

?

I only have one FCC and the only way I think I have resolved it is by calling the "Post Cruise Dept" (as was suggested).  I have a great TA at MEI, but it needed me to make the call.  It was resolved quickly (with no back up copy or documentation).  Just an FCC number tied to my name.

Fingers crossed ... I will use as quickly as I can.

Curt from Canada

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The email comes from "Royal Caribbean International" and it is titled "Here's Your Future Cruise Credit".

Thanks ... I found one!  It was in the trash.  There should be another one but I couldn't find that one.  On the one I found, the expiration date says 31-Dec-21 but that has been extended I guess.  Do you think they will send me an updated one?

1 hour ago, Dad2Cue said:

Do you think they will send me an updated one?

Doubt it.  When the did the first extension to April 2022, @Matt mentioned in his blog post that there was no need to do anything on our part, they would all  just be extended automatically.  I assumed it would be the same with this extension.  @Matt or @Sharla have you guys heard otherwise?

Found mine. Looks something like this.  My cruise was for Feb 5th and I redirected something similar for onboard credit a couple days after the fcc came in and a couple days ago got the refund for port fees and taxes on my card.   Actually Reviere 4 different credits total,  one for each person for the cruise credit and one for each person for the onboard credit. 

Dear Guest,

Below is your 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to plan another cruise with us. We hope you'll use this credit to sail with us soon.

Booking ID    Guest Name    Certificate Number    Certificate Amount    Currency    Expiration Date
5465432       MuttMutt           1-RED543M                       854                        USD           30-APR-22

This email is your Future Cruise Certificate so, please save it for reference when you're ready to rebook your new sailing.

Please visit our website or contact your Travel Advisor to book your new sailing and apply your credit. If you've already made your reservation online, visit us at royalcaribbean.com/redeem to redeem your credit.

If you're a Travel Advisor assisting our mutual guest with applying their credit, please visit Cruisingpower.com. Once submitted, we'll provide a confirmation that your credit has been applied to your reservation in 24-48 hours via email.

If you have additional questions, visit our Contact Us page and select your country from the dropdown menu for your local office.

Here are some details and the terms & conditions of your FCCs:

Your credit is based on your total cruise fare amount paid on your cancelled reservation. If you see a lower value, you may have had a discount that lowered your cruise fare, like our Kids Sail Free promotion, BOGO or other offers.
Valid on new bookings or existing bookings not yet paid to full.
Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before April 30th, 2022 and must be redeemed by the expiration date in the certificate.
If the FCC is not redeemed on or before the expiration shown above, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above.
FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings. All guests are responsible for taxes and fees, where applicable.
Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives another form of compensation which includes claims through our travel protection or requesting a refund.
If there is a remaining balance once you redeem your FCC, you'll receive the balance in a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on.
FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Royal Caribbean International ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
Additional terms and conditions apply.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

15 hours ago, Marsha M said:

I have been waiting for my FCC before reserving another cruise.  I thought we were suppose to receive the FCCs by 01/15/21, however, I have not received mine yet.  Has anyone else not received their future cruise credit?

Mine come to me and my TA via email.  And are taking a about 4-6 weeks to issue.  I rebooked a cruise but just paid another deposit as this FCC would not arrive in time, nor automatically  be transferred to new cruise  right away.  I get 125% credit  so can make an additional amount of money using FCC's that are very worthwhile. 

On 1/16/2021 at 6:36 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Doubt it.  When the did the first extension to April 2022, @Matt mentioned in his blog post that there was no need to do anything on our part, they would all  just be extended automatically.  I assumed it would be the same with this extension.  @Matt or @Sharla have you guys heard otherwise?

I got an email for my personal FCC late last night, so I expect they're going out. 

On 1/16/2021 at 11:15 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You might have to call them.  Out of the 6 cruises that I lost that I was supposed to get FCC for, 2 of them I had to call them and ask them to send it.  Probably fell through the cracks.

Thank you for the recommendation.  RCCLs post cruise department replied by email this afternoon with the details of my FCC.  

On 1/16/2021 at 10:31 AM, Marsha M said:

I have been waiting for my FCC before reserving another cruise.  I thought we were suppose to receive the FCCs by 01/15/21, however, I have not received mine yet.  Has anyone else not received their future cruise credit?

We are in the same position, and additionally have not seen cruise planner refunds to the credit card, although we have the emails to say they are happening. This morning I emailed Royal to ask for a status update.  The first step in the chase.  I will give it another 7 days to see responses then will expedite by phone if needed.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:31 AM, Marsha M said:

22 hours ago, Andy & Sheryl Unwin said:

We are in the same position, and additionally have not seen cruise planner refunds to the credit card, although we have the emails to say they are happening. This morning I emailed Royal to ask for a status update.  The first step in the chase.  I will give it another 7 days to see responses then will expedite by phone if needed.

Partial success, received an email with FCC numbers in it last evening.  Still waiting on word about cruise planner refunds.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:14 AM, Andy & Sheryl Unwin said:

Further update received. Royal advise cruise planner refunds were sent on Jan 17, so I need to check with Credit Card company to find out why not applied to the account yet.  For that, I will allow to 01/25/21 before I reach out to them.

1 hour ago, Andy & Sheryl Unwin said:

Further update received. Royal advise cruise planner refunds were send on Jan 17, so I need to check with Credit Card company to find out why not applied to the account yet.  For that, I will allow to 01/25/21 before I reach out to them.

I received my cruise planner refunds approximately two weeks after receiving my FCC this past fall.  

On 1/20/2021 at 5:22 PM, Andy & Sheryl Unwin said:

Further update received. Royal advise cruise planner refunds were sent on Jan 17, so I need to check with Credit Card company to find out why not applied to the account yet.  For that, I will allow to 01/25/21 before I reach out to them.

Apologies for not getting back to this earlier.  Credits were received on my Royal Caribbean Credit Card on Jan 21st.  So there appears to be a four day period between being issued and being credited.