FCC just extended to September 30 2022

RCIfan1912

10 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Ok, great that a lot of people got the same email. Am I reading too much into this by thinking maybe they know they aren't going to sail anytime soon or this year at all? I just got depressed typing that. ?

I don’t think that you are. I took that to mean that they don’t think they will be sailing until fall...hopefully ?

32 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Ok, great that a lot of people got the same email. Am I reading too much into this by thinking maybe they know they aren't going to sail anytime soon or this year at all? I just got depressed typing that. ?

25 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I don’t think that you are. I took that to mean that they don’t think they will be sailing until fall...hopefully ?

I received the email as well. I agree, it means at least September to me, but that's my pessimistic side speaking.

I was very optimistic about September but not so much anymore. It's already a shifted cruise, hopefully we can shift again. The Grand Suite is just under 2k more for September 2022. 25% extra leaves me ~$700 short the difference.

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I feel your pain. I have 3 this summer that I will likely lose. ? One of which is Oasis, which I have also tried to sail 3 times now since post amp. 

So depressing, this period has been just depressing. Not much else to say, not just cruising of course, on a lot of levels it's just depressing and sad. 

10 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

So depressing, this period has been just depressing. Not much else to say, not just cruising of course, on a lot of levels it's just depressing and sad. 

100% with you on that one too. We going in a different direction this summer if cruising is really a bust. Heading to the mountains. 

I have an Oasis of the Seas cruise on 7 November 21 and I'm wondering if that will occur? Honestly at this point I'm not caring too much about it anymore. I've had two cancel thus far, (I wonder who has the record of cancellations on RC Blog), so I guess this one maybe the straw that broke the proverbial cruisers back if it gets cancelled too.  If it happens again I think I may be done with cruising for quite some time and will spend my money elsewhere. I know it is not the cruise lines fault,  but it is a waste of years planning to get close to the cruise and the emotional ups and downs of am I going on vacation or not to have it cancel and leave me scrambling for something to do. Also, my wife and I's vacations have to be planned out at work so as to set-aside in advance to ensure we both have the time off for the cruise.

We shall see but I figure April or May is my mental cut-off to go figure out what we're going to do for vacation for 2021. We have a CLS for this cruise, our first time cruising in a CLS, and really want to go; however, if it seems there is going to be all these rules it will take the fun out of the cruise and it would seem more prudent to just give up.

What scares me most is getting on a cruise and someone testing positive and we get locked in our room in a heavily controlled environment for our yearly vacation and everything gets ruined not to mention of getting quarantined past my worked allocated 10 days of vacation - that would be very bad.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:57 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

100% with you on that one too. We going in a different direction this summer if cruising is really a bust. Heading to the mountains. 

You won't regret it! We bought a place in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania in October 2019 thinking it would be a weekend place with a couple weeks in the summer. Instead I have spent abut 75% of the time since March at our mountain house! And now retiring in August so will be able to continue to spend a lot of time here. Even bought a 20' pontoon boat for the 28 square mile lake nearby so now I do my own cruises!  I am having the best pandemic ever!