Crown & Anchor Society Double Points Offer - Offer excludes China departures or Offer excludes residents of China. Which One ?

R.J.

I hope that you are well. I just got a response from RCI with regards to an enquiry that I made about the Crown & Anchor Society Double Points Offer.

The reason for the enquiry was because I was unable to enter anyone's C&A number during the booking process, which is a condition of receiving the double points.

I received a response which included the following " Please be advised that all your reservations qualify for double cruise points as they were created before the 31st of January 2020 and its applicable for all sailings (Except China departures)."
I made the bookings in part to obviously cruise and the other to get the double points. Do I need the points, not really but I am very goal driven and unfortunately I have set a goal of Diamond Plus and have made specific plans to achieve this.

I was shocked and dismayed when RCI said (Except China departures)." A few of my cruises are out of Asia. I never recalled seeing this and I know that I looked through everything that I could find online with regards to the promotion.

As you can see in the terms and conditions it states (Please see below) "Offer excludes residents of China" not (Except China departures)."

I researched through some of the RCB blogs and it also mentions (Except China Departures). Is there somewhere that I have not seen or is this just a faux pas that has been repeated ?

PROMOTIONS 
TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Double Points applies to new individual and group named bookings, and named existing bookings on all Eligible Bookings made before January 31, 2021. Double Points is available to existing Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Double Points provides Crown & Anchor Society members double Cruise Points on sailings departing on January 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022 (“Eligible Bookings”). Cruise Points will be applied once the guest has paid their booking in full and completed their sailing. When reserving, a valid Crown & Anchor Society member number must be included in the reservation. Offer excludes residents of China.

Is there some information that I don't know about.

Well you live and you lean.

This is the response that I received from RCI customer service.

“I apologize for the confusion, I used the incorrect words and thank you for the clarification and understanding.”

Double Points on sailings:       As you indicated, double points offer is eligible on all your sailings and it only excludes Chinese citizens not departures out of China.