First Time Star Class - Allure of the Seas 2021

We will be sailing with Royal Caribbean for the first time next year. We decided to go big and book a Star Class room!!!

I've read a lot of posts about the experience and we are really excited!!  I have a couple of questions I couldn't find answers to.

On embarkation day, can you have lunch ordered/served in your cabin?  At the ports of call, how is the boarding handled? Is there a priority line?

53 minutes ago, Dragon33809 said:

On embarkation day, can you have lunch ordered/served in your cabin?

Totally depends on the ship.  Different food and beverage managers have different rules when it comes to embarkation day food delivery.  As much as your Genie wants you to be happy, they have to follow rules as well.

54 minutes ago, Dragon33809 said:

At the ports of call, how is the boarding handled? Is there a priority line?

Other than embarkation day boarding, there is not a dedicated Star Class line ports of call.  People return to the ship at all different times at a port of call, there is usually not much of a wait.  In the odd situation that there is a crowd, some Genies have been known to meet their guests at the gangway for a faster boarding.  @WAAAYTOOO had an experience like this but again, it's an extreme situation, out of the ordinary.  

I blogged about our first time on SC here if you want more info: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/10695-“i-dream-of-genie”-–-star-class-harmony-of-the-seas-–-031019-031719/

Most important thing to keep in mind is that with all the info out there, it's very easy to fall into the trap where you want to replicate someone else's experience.  The basics of SC is the same from ship to ship, but the smaller details are not consistent unfortunately.  What can be done on one ship, may not be able to be done on another.  That leads to disappointment for some people, and it's directed to the Genie most often.

57 minutes ago, Dragon33809 said:

We will be sailing with Royal Caribbean for the first time next year. We decided to go big and book a Star Class room!!!

I've read a lot of posts about the experience and we are really excited!!  I have a couple of questions I couldn't find answers to.

On embarkation day, can you have lunch ordered/served in your cabin?  At the ports of call, how is the boarding handled? Is there a priority line?

Congratulations !!!  This is going to be so exciting for you.  What a great first choice !!

Embarkation day is very busy...as you well know if you have sailed on other lines.  Here is the "rule" regarding specialty dining and room service for Star Class:  you are permitted to have room service from any specialty restaurant, including the MDR or Coastal Kitchen during normal operating hours.  So the answer to your lunch question is....yes, you can have lunch brought to your suite as long as it is a restaurant that is in regular operation at the time.  That usually means Chops...but the last time I was SC on Oasis, Chops was closed for lunch on boarding day....so it will vary by ship.  That being said, boarding day is such a hot mess that I never ask for this service.  The staff is just so busy with everything else.  Ask your Genie.  They will give you the best options.

SC and suites receive priority embarkation - sometimes.  At the port on boarding day - absolutely.  You will get specific instructions for this well before boarding day.  Some ships had begun having priority embarkation lines at the ports of call but most do not.  It is rare that your Genie's assistance is needed for boarding but it has happened to us.  The problem in getting Genie help, of course, is being able to reach them by phone.  If you are in the terminal you can usually reach them but out in town, you cannot.  If there is a special situation where you feel you will need help with getting back on board, it is best to make special arrangements with your Genie before leaving the ship.  Bottom line....nobody else, besides your Genie, cares that you are SC.  The Genie is pretty much the only one who can whisk you through the lines or security.  Without them, you are just another schmuck. 

28 minutes ago, sammy79 said:

Sorry to hijack the post but does SC get you to the front of the line on slides, carousel, and wall climbs?  Similar to Disney FP?  

BTW, I loved the trip report by lovetocruise2002. Thank you. 

There is a priority line for flow rider but not for water slides, carousel, climbing walls or zip line that I am aware of. You definitely do NOT need it for the carousel and I've never seen any particularly long lines for the climbing wall or the zip line.  I never go anywhere near a water slide - on the ship or on CC so I couldn't tell you about those.  Also, if you are on Anthem (or any Q class ship, I guess) you get priority for the bumper cars, iFly, Flow Rider and North Star.  

Welcome! 
We sailed our first time with Royal Christmas 2019 and it was star class. Here is a link to my blog which may answer some of your questions as a newbie to Royal and star class. ? ? 
https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/16651-first-time-star-class-8-night-holiday-bahamas-cruise-anthem-122019/

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Most important thing to keep in mind is that with all the info out there, it's very easy to fall into the trap where you want to replicate someone else's experience.  The basics of SC is the same from ship to ship, but the smaller details are not consistent unfortunately.  What can be done on one ship, may not be able to be done on another.  That leads to disappointment for some people, and it's directed to the Genie most often.

This right here may be the single best advice! I may have fell into this trap a bit. The other bit of advice is to be sure to communicate how the genie can make your cruise fantastic; don’t assume the genie questionnaire will accomplish this.  I was so busy waiting for the genie to deliver the magic I put on our questionnaire that it led to some disappointment when some of the bigger requests never happened. I still remember sitting in our hotel post cruise wondering what happened to my birthday cake. ? LOL 

21 minutes ago, Jax said:

I still remember sitting in our hotel post cruise wondering what happened to my birthday cake. ? LOL 

Well, IMO you had every right to expect a birthday cake if the Genie had been informed that it was your birthday during the cruise.  I think that’s a rather unpardonable oversight on the part of the Genie.  This is exactly the kind of detail that they are there to exploit (in a good way !). Of course, as with all things, some Genies are better at the details than others.  I don’t blame you at all for being disappointed. 

1 hour ago, sammy79 said:

Sorry to hijack the post but does SC get you to the front of the line on slides, carousel, and wall climbs?  Similar to Disney FP?  

BTW, I loved the trip report by lovetocruise2002. Thank you. 

Yes you get priority on the wall climbs, and we got priority on the dry slide.  Teh carousel doesn;t really have a line, but if it does you can proballly show your card.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 10:35 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Congratulations !!!  This is going to be so exciting for you.  What a great first choice !!

Embarkation day is very busy...as you well know if you have sailed on other lines.  Here is the "rule" regarding specialty dining and room service for Star Class:  you are permitted to have room service from any specialty restaurant, including the MDR or Coastal Kitchen during normal operating hours.  So the answer to your lunch question is....yes, you can have lunch brought to your suite as long as it is a restaurant that is in regular operation at the time.  That usually means Chops...but the last time I was SC on Oasis, Chops was closed for lunch on boarding day....so it will vary by ship.  That being said, boarding day is such a hot mess that I never ask for this service.  The staff is just so busy with everything else.  Ask your Genie.  They will give you the best options.

SC and suites receive priority embarkation - sometimes.  At the port on boarding day - absolutely.  You will get specific instructions for this well before boarding day.  Some ships had begun having priority embarkation lines at the ports of call but most do not.  It is rare that your Genie's assistance is needed for boarding but it has happened to us.  The problem in getting Genie help, of course, is being able to reach them by phone.  If you are in the terminal you can usually reach them but out in town, you cannot.  If there is a special situation where you feel you will need help with getting back on board, it is best to make special arrangements with your Genie before leaving the ship.  Bottom line....nobody else, besides your Genie, cares that you are SC.  The Genie is pretty much the only one who can whisk you through the lines or security.  Without them, you are just another schmuck. 

Thank you so much for all the info! I've read many of your posts! We are so excited about the trip!