Cancelled!

We lifted and shifted our May 2021 to  22 several months ago, we did it back in October, but it may have been early November. so you can see they definitely are offering May sailings. 

The original sail date was May 15th for 7 nights on SoS.  We got the exact same cabin, but the sail date is May 1st.  The itinerary changed a bit.  It's no longer stopping at Labadee, but instead St. Martin.

So, its safe to deduct that if May 1st they have been suspended until..and then with the 30 day/60 day notice for the CDC to approve sailings we are now looking at  August at the earliest for cruising to resume?

If they have suspended sailings till May...I cant imagine they can do test cruising during that time.

6 hours ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

We got notified this morning our July cruise to New England/Canada (Empress from Bayonne) has been cancelled. In this case I'm assuming it is due  to the announced retirement of Empress from the fleet. Or due to Canada not allowing use of their ports until August?

At  least you were notified. We only received an email that our drink packages were cancelled, not the trip.  I called and RC was very cavalier about the cruise being cancelled with no replacement trip to offer.  Were they ever going to contact me about credits or refunds ?  

I was wondering if anyone had a similar (negative) experience.

Post here, please.

11 hours ago, monctonguy said:

So, its safe to deduct that if May 1st they have been suspended until..and then with the 30 day/60 day notice for the CDC to approve sailings we are now looking at  August at the earliest for cruising to resume?

If they have suspended sailings till May...I cant imagine they can do test cruising during that time.

They cancelled cruises with paying customers, that doesn't necessarily mean they can't do a test cruise before May.  It's all up to the CDC.