Couple interesting things after a Lift n Switch

Snowchaser

Just wanted to share a couple things I found interesting follow a Lift n Switch.  We were supposed to be on the Freedom out of San Juan this coming April, well with final payment days away we decide to reschedule a year in the future.  We had a crazy good deal on a balcony room that we didn't want to loose the rate on, unfortunately there was nothing we could switch to out of San Juan that would fit my crazy work schedule. 

We did find a sailing on Symphony though out of Miami that would work in April 2022 so figured we would see if they would do the switch.  Sure enough it was on the approved list even though it wasn't the same original port and triple the cost.  Very cool it was so easy, as we expected to have to call a few times to get this done.

Second was the even though we had a guaranteed room rate (they pick) for our first booking, when I received the invoice for the re-book I now had an assigned room number.  Not sure if this is normal or maybe was by accident but worked out well.

Now the bad part, another 467 days to wait.  But who is counting!

49 minutes ago, Snowchaser said:

Now the bad part, another 467 days to wait.  But who is counting!

Ugh! We sort of* did a L&S September 2020 to September 2021 back in June 2020. Now it's finally ~252 days away. Fingers crossed it sails.

* We had two cruises booked that we wanted to "merge" to September 2021, September 2020 & December 2020. December was supposed to be a cruise with friends but no one was signing up (probably because of flying, hotels, etc). We also knew we wanted to upgrade September 2021 to a Jr. Suite (September 2020 was an OV Balcony - ended up going GS, but I digress). So, we cancelled September 2020 and received a FCC. December (since it was a Jr. Suite already) was "shifted" to September 2021. We upgraded to the GS shortly after, my poor agent :). 

I said all that because that's the power of a good travel agent. She worked all that magic that I probably would have had a ton of no's and bad advice from Royal's customer service.

Edited by sk8erguy1978
clarify