Freedom of the Seas Mar 18, 2017

Sign up your son for Adventure Ocean on day 1 and make sure he goes to the first couple of sessions.  It's like the first day of school, going there first means he gets to meet other kids in the same situation and they will form their friendships then.

I second what matt says. My 12 year old went the first day, hooked up with 3 other 12 and 13 year olds and was busy the whole trip. They would usually meet up after dinner at the teen center, and summertime stay, sometimes just roam the ship. But that first night going has been crucial on both of our cruises. Jane

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

This will be our first cruise with RC - we've previously been on Disney twice.  I have a 12 year old son who will be with us, and he's looking for friends for the cruise in his age group.  Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cate

Our 2nd cruise with RCL will be this Freedom OTS Mar 18 2017...My 12yo daughter will be in adventure ocean and enjoys basketball and talking minecraft, agario, and roblox...maybe will be able to greet you on the cruise...lookin' forward to it....

It may also be useful to join a roll call like the ones through Cruise Critic. That way, you can make connections with some of the other families and kids that will be onboard. We did this for our Baltics cruise and it worked out well as we arranged excursions with others families that had children.

It may also be useful to join a roll call like the ones through Cruise Critic. That way, you can make connections with some of the other families and kids that will be onboard. We did this for our Baltics cruise and it worked out well as we arranged excursions with others families that had children.

I agree the roll calls are a good idea, but in my experience, it is dominated by older people.  Having been to many CC meet and mingles, I have very rarely seen kids there, let alone people under the age of 50.  Having experienced that, it does explain some of the negative reviews I also happen to read on CC, but I digress.

I agree the roll calls are a good idea, but in my experience, it is dominated by older people. Having been to many CC meet and mingles, I have very rarely seen kids there, let alone people under the age of 50. Having experienced that, it does explain some of the negative reviews I also happen to read on CC, but I digress.

While there kids aren't on there roll calls, there parents are and this is a way to connect with other kids before boarding or to make plans with those that have kids of similar age.