Celebrity Lift & Shift (with perks)

Has anyone done an L&S on a Celebrity Cruise where they had Perks Included?  Do the perks "disappear" when you shift out to another cruise in the future.  We were fortunate enough to find an identical cruise one year later that works out so much better for us.  However, I think I did not factor in the perks.

Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Curt from Canada

The perks are now a part of the "Always Included" feature that all Celebrity bookings now have (Classic Bev pkg, 1-device wifi, and included tips for the first two passengers in the cabin). Before that you'd have needed to make sure your new booking was under the same kind of promo. But now that Always Included is a thing, there's no need to worry about that any more.

10 hours ago, JLMoran said:

The perks are now a part of the "Always Included" feature that all Celebrity bookings now have (Classic Bev pkg, 1-device wifi, and included tips for the first two passengers in the cabin). Before that you'd have needed to make sure your new booking was under the same kind of promo. But now that Always Included is a thing, there's no need to worry about that any more.

I understand the new system (and I am not a fan ... given how little we drink and how much we want to disconnect on a cruise).  My question is if anyone has experience how L&S works on Celebrity (given the change to Always Included).  

We had booked a May 2021 cruise at a phenomenal rate ($3,000 for 7 day and "perks": $300 OBC, Drinks Package, and Free Gratuities) on Celebrity Silhouette.  We found the exact same cruise in May 2022 and decided to be conservative and L&S (the Always Included rate is a heart stopping $4,600).  Hence, my question is how does L&S work when coming from a "Perks" cruise to a "AI" cruise?

Curt from Canada

OK, sorry about the misunderstanding.

One of the stated benefits of L&S is that you have price protection for whatever you move over to. I can tell you that I personally did get this benefit when I L&S'ed a 2020 Iceland & Greenland sailing to 2021's sailing; the total price on the 2021 for four of us was a few thousand dollars higher than my 2020, and this was before AI was even a thing. But I paid no extra, beyond the difference for port fees & taxes (which are assessed by the ports and not protected by Celebrity). So my expectation is that you should pay no additional money to L&S from a sailing with perks to one with AI that (mostly, minus the OBC) replicates those perks, outside of the diff in port fees & taxes.

Do you have a TA for this sailing? The process to L&S, based on what my TA at the time told me, is a PITA and can require multiple conversations to make sure everything is done right.

39 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

OK, sorry about the misunderstanding.

One of the stated benefits of L&S is that you have price protection for whatever you move over to. I can tell you that I personally did get this benefit when I L&S'ed a 2020 Iceland & Greenland sailing to 2021's sailing; the total price on the 2021 for four of us was a few thousand dollars higher than my 2020, and this was before AI was even a thing. But I paid no extra, beyond the difference for port fees & taxes (which are assessed by the ports and not protected by Celebrity). So my expectation is that you should pay no additional money to L&S from a sailing with perks to one with AI that (mostly, minus the OBC) replicates those perks, outside of the diff in port fees & taxes.

Do you have a TA for this sailing? The process to L&S, based on what my TA at the time told me, is a PITA and can require multiple conversations to make sure everything is done right.

Thank you ... that is helpful.  Yes, I have a great TA from MEI working on this.  It was more a curiosity on my part.  There is no doubt that L&S is difficult and AI adds a layer of complexity.  I have a lot of time between here and JAN 2022 (decision month) to resolve.

Thanks again,

Curt from Canada

• 1 month later...

I have a B2B in June, starting in Venice. Really like the itineraries.  I think its a low probability of going..   On one hand hoping L&S will be available -on the fence with paying off or just cancelling.  As its a B2B - not wanting to get in too deep with the continued uncertainties in sailing. Have another planned for Nov '21 as well as late Dec '21.  These things can stack up during shutdown.

• 2 months later...

Interested to hear if anyone else has been effected In This way.   I had cruise booked for June 13th Europe which as now been cancelled by celebrity.  On my email(dated 8th)  it said I coulD lift and shift within 4 weeks to next year in same class ship.   or other options upto 22nd April.    Called 21st April was told this wasn’t an option.  Thought I must have misread my email.  Decided to take 125% credit instead of money back (have FCC from last year and had paid Deposit again anyway so not a lot and not paid balance).  Then re-read my email.   I called again yesterday (22nd) and although they did go and check they came back and said no, they changed the dates to donLift and shift and I missed it.   I said would They have not advised this by email and was told no. 

Note.  this is direct booking and dealing with celebrity. Not through an agent 

what do you think of that??