New Cruise Ship Rules!

I'm not at all against cruising with the new restrictions.   I'm looking forward to my first cruise back on Quantum which WILL be in August for an Alaskan cruise.  I'm trying to stay positive and I hope to be vaccinated by then.  My only concern is what happens if only ONE person tests positive after boarding the ship.  I'm sure I would continue to to abide by the restrictions but confining EVERYONE to their stateroom seems a bit extreme unless it is temporary precaution.  I have a suite booked so it wouldn't be too bad ... I guess.  I could still enjoy the Alaskan scenery from the balcony!  I would like to get out of the stateroom eventually though.

Great video ... I now have a better idea about what to expect in August.  I'm looking forward to the cruise in August and I'm starting to believe it will actually happen.

If wearing a mask is mandatory Ill wait to get back on a ship.  I refuse to pay to be restricted when I can stay home for free.  If vaccinations become mandatory then we will be done cruising until that is lifted.  Vacation is suppose to be fun and dealing with all of the madness of Covid isn't fun. 

I have no issues with any of the rules/protocols.

However, I have worked in a supermarket throughout the pandemic (actually since 1985).  Interacting with the public during the pandemic has really made me realize how selfish the majority of people actually are.  Based on my observations as a retail worker, I think people will be very difficult to manage onboard.

Here's why:

First, social distancing seems to be a difficult thing for people to do while grocery shopping.  Sure, everyone follows the rules while lining up to check out, but while shopping, it's a free-for-all.  Seriously.  People are all over the place with zero respect for other shoppers or employees.  One day I tried to count the number of people who were within a foot of me (using the 12" floor tiles).  I lost count in the 80s.

Second....Masks.  My state has a mandate that everyone must wear one while out in public.  Businesses must enforce the mandate to the point of calling the police.   So.....people will wear one to enter the store (as we have a person at the door), then promptly pull it down.  Because of my physical stature, I'm often asked by fellow associates to be the point person in asking someone politely to pull their mask back up.  There have been times when I feel like I have seen people's thoughts about how far they can push me by refusing.  For what it's worth, all I do is ask politely.  If they refuse, we call the store manager and the local police.  I do not engage other than asking once.

If it's this bad in a supermarket when they have to wear a mask for the short time they're shopping, I cannot imagine the disaster in trying to make people wear a mask on a ship after they've "paid good money to be here".  Add a few drinks to that, and you have a recipe for disaster.

1 hour ago, teddy said:

If it's this bad in a supermarket when they have to wear a mask for the short time they're shopping, I cannot imagine the disaster in trying to make people wear a mask on a ship after they've "paid good money to be here".  Add a few drinks to that, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Agreed. Our state requires masks as well; however, we can still gather so weddings are still on. No one but the wedding vendors are wearing masks when I show up to deliver. My venue owners, planner, DJ, and photographer friends say just a few guests wear them (usually the grandparents), and social distancing doesn't exist beyond the ceremony. The only reason it happens then is the venues are setting seats in groups of 2 and spreading them out. Once people get to the bar, everyone's hugging everyone else. And forget distancing a bunch of drunk groom's men on the dance floor.