Pre cruise cart loaded, pay off or not?

Ok, our Oasis cruise August 22 that was like most of everyone moved from last year is loaded up with all the extra stuff in our cart. Excursions, Internet, dining package, all that good stuff. I was planning to pay it off this month as I get a work bonus. You think I should even bother? You even think the sailing in August will happen because I'm starting to doubt it at this point? If the cruise does get cancelled the money just gets refunded right? No move it to another cruise or anything? Thanks for any input. 

I have been purchasing Cruise Planner items for my upcoming cruises.  If the cruise is cancelled your purchases will be refunded. You can also choose to cancel the purchases yourself and get a complete refund.

Please let us know if the purchases actually go through for you at the “sale” price that you loaded into your cart.  My experience has been that if you put something in your cart and wait until the online price goes up to purchase, they will not honor the lower price.  Maybe you will have better luck than I did.

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have been purchasing Cruise Planner items for my upcoming cruises.  If the cruise is cancelled your purchases will be refunded. You can also choose to cancel the purchases yourself and get a complete refund.

Please let us know if the purchases actually go through for you at the “sale” price that you loaded into your cart.  My experience has been that if you put something in your cart and wait until the online price goes up to purchase, they will not honor the lower price.  Maybe you will have better luck than I did.

Its funny you mentioned the same price. I'm pretty sure when I loaded in the cart a few months ago it was 680 bucks which was a steal and now it's in the high 800s but I'll have to look again. 

I think I'm just gonna pay it off. I mean it can't hurt. Please though we want to sail on August. ?

Like @SpeedNoodles said, I have had things in my cart and the price increased when a sale ended, shame on me for not buying then, but I understand your situation. I too have purchased things like @Lovetocruise2002 and @WAAAYTOOO have done. I have gone both routes for cancelled cruises by taking a cruise planner credit and refunds. I too have had refunds come back quicker if I cancel the purchase in the cruise planner on my own before the cruise gets cancelled.

Like others, I purchased a few things: Drink Package, Massage for wife, & splurge on a Cabana (cannot believe I'm spending the same I spent on a car in HS for a few hours in a Cabana LOL).

I figured, take advantage of lower prices, if my cruise sails (September on Oasis) I bet they will raise prices.

@RCIfan1912if I were you, I would put whatever money you are planning on using for your cruise planner purchases to the side and wait for the next sale.  The prices are sky-high right now.  Those "sales" come around every couple of weeks or so.  There will be another one soon.  Don't buy now just to have to turn around and re-purchase later.

50 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

@RCIfan1912if I were you, I would put whatever money you are planning on using for your cruise planner purchases to the side and wait for the next sale.  The prices are sky-high right now.  Those "sales" come around every couple of weeks or so.  There will be another one soon.  Don't buy now just to have to turn around and re-purchase later.

All I know is the price a month or 2 ago was incredible for everything. I'll wait a few weeks or a month to pay it off. My bonus isn't due for 2 weeks any way so that was the earliest I was gonna pay it off anyway. Thanks for the replies everyone. 

I think I’m confused.  Did you purchase the stuff in your cart?  If so, don’t you pay immediately?  If it’s still in your cart, they don’t honor the price when you put it in the cart.  You are charged whatever the price is the day you check out.  I don’t understand how you are going to “pay it off “ in a couple of weeks. ?‍♀️

19 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I think I’m confused.  Did you purchase the stuff in your cart?  If so, don’t you pay immediately?  If it’s still in your cart, they don’t honor the price when you put it in the cart.  You are charged whatever the price is the day you check out.  I don’t understand how you are going to “pay it off “ in a couple of weeks. ?‍♀️

No, I understand they don't honor the price. I wasn't asking them to honor the price. I thought there was a post that said they were early in this thread. 

I'm asking if I should pay it off now because the cruise may not sail anyway, that's it. I wasn't asking for the sale price from a month ago. 

The consensus seems to be wait for another sale and I will do just that. Maybe another sale hits and then I'll pay for the cruise planner stuff. 

Multiple sales happen all the time and it may be worth tracking changes. I make purchases through out the time before the cruise based on the lowest price I have seen and track high low and last current seen in a spreadsheet as well as the price I purchased at. 

Another thing is that you CAN also get a 125% onboard credit for those purchases as well if you request credit vs an automatic refund if the cruise is canceled by rccl. I'm still waiting on mine to come through but turning 400 into 500 is worth it to me. 

My recommendation is to look when there is not an announced "sale." The sale price will be gone, but the regular price can be lower than the sale price. Many of us on these boards check the CP offerings every day (it's an illness ?) to see if we can get a better price. Here are some recent personal examples: I bought our 2022 NYE sailing DBP at $53/pp when not on sale. The sale price is now $71/pp. For CocoCay Beach Club, we purchased access at $79/pp. The sale price is now $188.99/pp. ALWAYS look at price, not percent off. If you're comfortable with the price, buy. If not, wait. If you got what you thought was a fair price, but then you see a lower price, cancel it and repurchase. As @FionaMG said, RCG will charge your card for the repurchase BEFORE they refund the initial purchase.

13 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

All I know is the price a month or 2 ago was incredible for everything. I'll wait a few weeks or a month to pay it off. My bonus isn't due for 2 weeks any way so that was the earliest I was gonna pay it off anyway. Thanks for the replies everyone. 

Sounds like you probably had the Black Friday / Cyber Monday prices in your cart.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that sale kicked in a few days ago and I just paid off what was in my cruise planner, Kennedy space center excursion, 2 adults 1 kid, 3 night dinning package for 2 adults, internet for 3 devices, helium balloon ride at Coco Cay for 1 adult, 1 kid for 655 and change, it was close to 900 I think, high 800's. I'm happy that price very much. Please Lord allow us to sail.