Hello...

Hi everyone, we’re new to this site and fairly new to cruising.  We’ve been on one RCL cruise in 2019 on Adventure and loved it.  Afterward, immediately started planning our second for spring break 2020 on Symphony, but we all know what happened there, thx C19.  Anyway, we were able to rebook the same room we had for 20, praying it doesn’t get cancelled again (fingers crossed).  Not looking good, I know and have been watching updates intently.  We also have July reservation on Ovation in July to Alaska, wonder what will happen there.

WRT star class, does anyone know if those services/amenities are changing for C19?  Also I’ve heard a rumor RCL is going to make an announcement soon, any merit to this?

Thanks and looking forward to cruising soon!

Andy

Welcome to the blog !

Right now, nobody knows if the rules or amenities are going to change. I suspect it is inevitable that some will. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.  Bottom line - it is my opinion that being Star Class will be more important than ever. If dining and entertainment venues are restricted in density, having someone (your Genie) helping secure space and reservations will be an even bigger help. 

Welcome @CruiseFamily to the forums! I agree with @WAAAYTOOO there will be some changes due to social distancing, I'm sure. Don't shoot the messenger, but spring break isn't looking too good, unfortunately. 

54 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Bottom line - it is my opinion that being Star Class will be more important than ever. If dining and entertainment venues are restricted in density, having someone (your Genie) helping secure space and reservations will be an even bigger help. 

We are in a Grand Suite so only Sky perks, but having access to the suite pool deck on Oasis & splurging on Cabana at CocoCay is important to us. Similar to why Star Class is important to you. With the possibility of Social Distancing guidelines, having private areas will be worth every penny to us. 

Agreed.  So, this was the second year in a row I've been able to book the Ultimate Family Suite.  Aside from promising the kids this room (Ooops), space is essential.  really went this route just in case we got/get quarantined on the ship as there many activities in that room.  Getting that room is extremely difficult, don't really want to try my luck again.