If I cancel my cruise before FBP can I use my FCC to place a deposit on another cruise

Morganno

2 hours ago, Morganno said:

Booked for May 21 but thinking of cancelling and rebooking for the October of the same year. 

If I cancel and they give me £600 in FCC can i use the FCC to make a deposit on the October cruise? 

thanks,

John

I'm not sure how it works in the Europe.  Here, there isn't any need to cancel your existing reservation and receive a FCC and then make a new reservation.  Several times I have kept the same reservation number and "rescheduled" the cruise to a  future cruise.  It doesn't even need to be a future cruise.  You just say you want to do another cruise instead of the cruise you currently have. Currently, the change fees are waived with cruise with confidence.  I do this before the final payment date so I don't pay any additional money.   There is no price protection like a L&S.  Your current deposit is used for the new cruise but the reservation number stays the same. You can do this even if you booked nonrefundable.  If you booked refundable, you can always do this without a change fee anytime before the final payment date.

You can also cancel your cruise and receive a FCC but I takes awhile.  You can use the FCC for the deposit under the current rules.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, Dad2Cue said:

I'm not sure how it works in the Europe.  Here, there isn't any need to cancel your existing reservation and receive a FCC and then make a new reservation.  Several times I have kept the same reservation number and "rescheduled" the cruise to a  future cruise.  It doesn't even need to be a future cruise.  You just say you want to do another cruise instead of the cruise you currently have. Currently, the change fees are waived with cruise with confidence.  I do this before the final payment date so I don't pay any additional money.   There is no price protection like a L&S.  Your current deposit is used for the new cruise but the reservation number stays the same. You can do this even if you booked nonrefundable.  If you booked refundable, you can always do this without a change fee anytime before the final payment date.

You can also cancel your cruise and receive a FCC but I takes awhile.  You can use the FCC for the deposit under the current rules.

Ha why didn't I think of this. ? makes prefect sense.

However I can't find another cruise that suits my son's school schedule at the moment.

I'm waiting for school to announce next year's holiday schedule.