Test cruises

I am not sure if I missed something or not, but it seems like all focus in the news and on the boards for return to cruising In the US hinges on the vaccine.  I thought we were on the cusp of hearing about/seeing test cruises to comply with the latest CDC order. Has this been dropped due to the complexity of the requirement?  Or is the CDC dragging its feet?  Sorry if this has been spelled out elsewhere.

34 minutes ago, DunwoodyDad said:

Has this been dropped due to the complexity of the requirement?  Or is the CDC dragging its feet?

There's been no update eitherway. Essentially, neither the CDC nor RC has given any updates.

So it's anyone's guess who's at "fault" or what the hold up is. 

It is possible things are progressing, but there's been no new info on the test cruise front.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

There's been no update eitherway. Essentially, neither the CDC nor RC has given any updates.

So it's anyone's guess who's at "fault" or what the hold up is. 

It is possible things are progressing, but there's been no new info on the test cruise front.

Thanks for the fast response Matt!  I was behind on your podcast but just listened and heard you cover this. Also really appreciate the return of the mailbag and the classic relaxing island music!!!

I think everything will be on hold until new senior USG officials are appointed and in a position to either move forward or hold things tight.   It will take a bit of time to get new leadership appointed and in a position to act.   Unlikely the cruise industry will have much of a priority even when that happens.   Improving vaccine acquisition and distribution will be the more probable path to recovery.  Just an opinion.

In Australia 95% of our covid cases are returned overseas travellers in enforced hotel quarantine. These people test positive days after they return the problem being the incubation period of the virus.

This is a big problem for the return of cruising. There is no way even through testing to stop it getting onboard where cases are so numerous in the community. No amount of mask wearing and social distancing can stop the spread onboard.