Diamond + (Plus) in 43 nights of sailing. Crown & Anchor Society Double Points Offer (Will there be another extension ?)

R.J.

Many people think that sailings may not resume before March, 2021.

What do you think will happen to the "Crown & Anchor Society Double Points Offer", each time the sailings are further pushed back / cancelled will they just add 12 months to the last round of push backs / cancellations ?

A couple of other questions based on the RCI website Double Points Offer, it states that "Single Cruise & Suite" get 3 points a night. I don't wont to sound pedantic as they are NOT using plain English. Are they simply saying that a single cruiser booked in a suite gets 3 points a night ? (Or 6 points during the offer)

It also states that a condition of the double points offer is that you enter your C&A membership number during the booking process, however when I do this during the booking process it will not accept my membership number. (I am a member, I have a login and I have cruises listed in my account.)

Even after making a booking without entering my C&A, the cruise will appear under my login.

I don't wont Royal Caribbean to say as per our website you are required to enter your C&A membership number during the booking process. Even though it doesn't work.

Also I don't want to be forced into making a booking before the end of January, 2021. Only to find out that the cruise that I book does not qualify, because the offer was not pushed out further.

Thoughts ?

(Ironically the exclusivity of the lounges will be lessened as more people will be entitled to use the facilities. As they have have been able to move up in the hierarchy. You will have to make a booking to use the lounge or they will only let you in based on your total points within the category that you are in compared to the other person that is also trying to get in.)

A quick calculation, if you stay in a suite during the double points period you could reach Diamond + (Plus) in 43 nights of sailing.

19 minutes ago, R.J. said:

Many people think that sailings may not resume before March, 2021.

What do you think will happen to the "Crown & Anchor Society Double Points Offer", each time the sailings are further pushed back / cancelled will they just add 12 months to the last round of push backs / cancellations ?

A couple of other questions based on the RCI website Double Points Offer, it states that "Single Cruise & Suite" get 3 points a night. I don't wont to sound pedantic as they are NOT using plain English. Are they simply saying that a single cruiser booked in a suite gets 3 points a night ? (Or 6 points during the offer)

It also states that a condition of the double points offer is that you enter your C&A membership number during the booking process, however when I do this during the booking process it will not accept my membership number. (I am a member, I have a login and I have cruises listed in my account.)

Even after making a booking without entering my C&A, the cruise will appear under my login.

I don't wont Royal Caribbean to say as per our website you are required to enter your C&A membership number during the booking process. Even though it doesn't work.

Also I don't want to be forced into making a booking before the end of January, 2021. Only to find out that the cruise that I book does not qualify, because the offer was not pushed out further.

Thoughts ?

(Ironically the exclusivity of the lounges will be lessened as more people will be entitled to use the facilities. As they have have been able to move up in the hierarchy. You will have to make a booking to use the lounge or they will only let you in based on your total points within the category that you are in compared to the other person that is also trying to get in.)

A quick calculation, if you stay in a suite during the double points period you could reach Diamond + (Plus) in 43 nights of sailing.

A solo cruiser in a suite gets 3 points per night not durning the offer & 6 points per night durning the double points offer for sailings that is in 2021. 

I had the same issue with adding mine & my mother’s crown & anchor numbers durning the booking process so after I completed the booking I had called Royal to add our C&A numbers & some special services like adding our allergies, my birthday, & requested a table for 2 since I selected traditional durning the booking process.

Edited by Bakerette

I had the same issue with my C&A number but only if I pasted it in.  What I figured out is if you want to paste the C&A number in you will need to backspace the last number then type it in.  This will fix the issue.  It is an issue with a "key pressed" javascript.  Any way try that.